Looking for a weight loss pal

Options
I am a 59 year old female, married 30 yrs, have one grown son who does not live at home. I love paper crafts (especially making cards & Stampin Up), baking, Watching TV. I love animals and have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I have type 2 diabetes but am going to turn it around with diet and exercise.

I have over 100 pounds to lose. I started today. I am following the 3-1-2-1 diet by Dorvett Quince. It is 1200 calories 5 days, 1500 calories 2 days a week (known as cheat days). It is healthy eating...no refined foods, no added sugar.

I would like to find some MFP ladies about my age who have at least 75 pounds to lose to be pals. The goal is to motivate and support each other. I know this journey will not be easy and I need all the help I can get. I don't care what diet plan you are following as long as you are in for the long haul.

It would be icing on the cake if we had some other things in common.

Let me know.

Replies

• Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't feel the need to find people in your exact same situation. Most people are here to lose weight and can motivate you and give feedback no matter how different their situation seems.

Good luck on your journey.
  • lonestargyrl
    lonestargyrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree, however, I find that weight loss pals are like any friend...you are drawn to each other by your similar interests and that is the foundation of most friendships.

I really don't have much in common other than weight loss with someone who is in their twenties and dating or has only 25 lbs to lose. Nor do I have much more than weight loss in common with someone who is thirty-five with babies to raise.

No offense to anyone. I just am looking for more in common than weight loss.