New to this site and Beginning my Weight Loss Journey

Options
Hi everyone! I am a stay at home Mommy of two sweet boys. Pregnancy helped me pack on the pounds, although I am done with excuses. Time to shape up and lose this weight once and for all. I've tried so many fad diets, losing 20 pounds just to gain in right back. I stayed about 120 pounds my whole life. Then I got married and went up to 150. After having my babies I now top the scale at 220 pounds. It's like looking at a ghost when I look in the mirror. I see myself and can't imagine how I let myself get to this size. I have been this weight about 4 years now and am so ready to get back to the way I always was. I would love to hear from anyone who has had success with the My Fitness Pal app as I am following it to a T. I've been sticking to it for a week so far and to be honest, it's very hard knowing it's such a slow weight loss. I am used to fad diets where you lose quickly but I know you just gain it all back. So here I am, starting my journey, hoping to make some friends who will inspire me!! Thank you!!

Replies

• 2RobD
    2RobD Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome and good luck...find a few friends to help motivate you when you get discouraged...and just stay on the wagon
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome. As I am sure you know there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. A friend of mine once told me you exercise to be fit you eat healthy to lose weight. Eating properly really is key to losing weight and keeping it off. You have to make lifestyle changes and not just until the weight is gone then go back to old habits. they say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit and it took you years to put on the weight so you arent going to lose it overnight. Ok enough of the fitness cliches lol! I try to follow MFP app regularly but there are days I dont do it and that is ok with me as long as I know I am still eating clean and healthy. I would love to add you as my friend so we can help each other become healthier.
  • Atsumner
    Atsumner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of two boys too ! I'm pretty new on here... Only my first week really being serious to combine MFP food diary with exercise. I like to have a place to go to help keep focused... Glad there are others on here too
  • katithul
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! You sound like me----the pregnancies did me in too! I had four kiddos in 9 years. Feel free to add me as a "friend" if you'd like and we can help each other. The best part of MFP so for me it is seeing the message at the end of the night that tells me what my weight loss will be in 5 weeks if I keep going at the rate I am. That is motivation to me! Take care!