What Do Y'all Add To Your Tea ?

Options
Instead of the usual green tea with honey and lemon I mean. I'm officially weaned off of using milk, but I'll use a splash when I want it. Usually I'm using either raw dark honey or splenda (1-2 packets depending on size). ALSO, do you double up on bags once it hits 16oz ? Because I do that.

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I use 2 bags per 24 ounces, with lemon juice and splenda. Always hot.
  • fitnessmom92
    Options
    I drink my tea plain. I usually only add honey when I'm sick. Drinking tea is a great way for me to get more water in. I especially love passion tea.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Black tea with lemon only
    Green tea with lemon and mint (especially if drank cold)
    Chai tea made with half cup of almond milk and half of water - then add 1tsp honey and a bit of cinnamon.

I never double bags cause I don't like my tea too strong.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    depends! Sometimes nothing at all. A bit of honey or Stevia others. Depends on the mood/kind of tea.
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm from Louisiana, and have grown up drinking iced tea with loads of sugar! I love it! LOL For hot tea, I usually use a packet of stevia or a splash of half and half, or sometimes both!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
  • GIA4FITNESS
    Options
    If I want my tea and coffee a little creamier, Ive started using Blue Diamond vanilla coconut almond milk (70 calories a cup). Not as coconutty as pure coconut milk, but not watery like almond milk. Works fairly well as a creamer! And I use Pure Via Stevia sweetener...1 packet. :)
  • Soritaia
    Soritaia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i dont tend to put anything in my tea other than milk and sugar in chi tea
    i used to use alot of sugar in teas but after going to japan it kind of weened off.
    drinking green tea with any sweetener now seems a little strange to me.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I drink brown tea with Soya milk (curdles in coffee).. However, this is a travesty as I'm British. I don't tell my friends I do this *hush*
  • lesliethescribe
    Options
    depends on the type of tea, but sometimes i'll add a bit of extract. so vanilla, coconut, hazelnut, peppermint extracts are all really good options to explore.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Adding stuff to tea is an abomination! English breakfast, plain, thank you very much!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm from the South, so I like my tea strong and sweet--iced and hot! For iced tea, I use Stevia and sometimes a packet of TrueLime in my glass. For hot tea, I prefer honey, but use Stevia to avoid the calories.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I pretty well strictly use liquid stevia drops in my tea. Usually I just have it plain. If I do Chai I add unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (30 cal per cup) since that's what I have in my fridge.

I much prefer the liquid stevia to powdered. It doesn't have the off taste the added ingredients in the power seems to have. 4-5 drops is all it takes in a good sized mug of coffee or tea.
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nothing usually.

I take my tea black (well, green, actually)

Like my soul....
    lol
    sometimes some honey though if I am feeling the sweet tooth.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Drink iced sweet tea but not hot. Coffee for me
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've switched to using liquid Stevia in my tea, which tastes really great, and I'm trying to adjust to using it in my coffee. Some people LOVE it in their coffee but it tastes just a little off to me, personally.

Sometimes I use almond milk in my coffee.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    drink mine straight, nothing in it at all...yummmy:)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    herbal tea plain.

black tea I rarely drink, but usually with a splash of milk. chai I have at home, and whiz through coconut oil (just like I do with coffee)

I have a giant mug, it's about 1L...I use two bags for that.
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love tea!

Green, black, fruit, etc...I'll drink it all.

I make a rad ginger and pear tea based off a recipe from the Food Network

I am currently having a raspberry leaf tea with Splenda. I picked up this tea at the local farmer's market.

I usually sweeten my tea with Splenda and sometimes honey. I also sometimes add lemon, skim milk, or almond milk depending on the tea. I just found a recipe for apple cinnamon water that I want to try for a tea. :)
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't add anything to my tea--too much sweetness in tea grosses me out (as you can see, I am NOT from the south, haha).

There are so many teas infused with fruit and spice flavors that I don't think added sweetness is really necessary. I love fruity herbal teas after dinner.