Just need some motivation...

Options
I have been altering my lifestyle for about a year, slowly improving choices, etc. But especially since August. Anyway, since starting I have lost about 15 pounds, and a couple inches. It was going very slowly, but it was going, and I was starting to be optimistic about it. But then I came home for Christmas Break (I'm in college). The past two weeks I have just done horrible. I am sure that I've probably gained back at least 5 pounds, maybe more, and I'm worried that I've gained back inches. Some was simply the holidays, some was the fact that I was finally done with an absolutely horrible semester, and some was just poor choices and discipline. But I am just very dissapointed and frustrated with myself, and was just hoping to express my ... frustration? .... Anyway. I've been beating myself up (which I do way too much) and have begun to question if what I had managed so far was really even that great. I mean, its been 5 months, and I've only lost the 15 pounds, which doesn't even account for 1 a week. And if I can so easily fall off track, have I really changed?
Not trying to sound pessimistic, I just was hoping to 'vent' and express where I am right now, and maybe hear from others some words of wisdom...
Thanks in advance for any responses! :ohwell:

Replies

• ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up. we all have slips and set backs and that is perfectly normal. The important thing is to pick yourself up and keep moving forward. We don't gain weight overnight so we aren't going to lose it that quickly either. It sounds to me like you are doing good. You know when you've made good choices and when you've made bad ones. now you just need to focus on making more of the good ones to get back on track. You can do it and will reach your goal it just takes dedication and commitment.
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok so you fell down. Now's the time to pick yourself back up. You can do this and get back on track! Good luck!:happy: