LA Fitness/Gold's Gym

Options
Looking to join a gym and LA Fitness & Gold's Gym are the two closes to my apartment. So I would love your opinions on which one to join. :)

Thanks!!!

Replies

• AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am a member of Gold's in my hometown. I am a Curve's drop-out and left another gym (the Y). I was VERY intimidated but I LOVE my gym. The trainers are friendly and helpful and the other staffers are awesome. We have classes all the time and the amenities are fantastic--tanning (which I do not partake in) hydro-massage, sauna, hot tub, pool, steam room...So for ME, it works.
    I can't comment on LA Fitness but I hope you get some feedback!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I was a member at a Golds from the day it opened until the day it closed here in MN. It just couldn't hang with lifetime fitness. It's too bad. I've been a member at about 6 gyms and far and away Golds was my favorite.....man I miss that place.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    All the Gold's Gyms near me shut down.

I belong to LA Fitness and have been happy with it. I like that you can go to any LA Fitness and there are a lot of them. Helps when we're travelling or just out and about for the day and not near our regular gym. Hours are pretty good, there's lots of classes (not that I actually use them much). There's also a pool and basketball courts (never use the courts, haven't used the pool even though I thought I really would). I pay extra for a trainer. Has everything I need and want so it works great for me.

Really I'd say check them both out and which ever one fits what your needs are and your price better would be the one to join. There's actually 2-3 gyms in my town but LA Fitness had more amenities, better hours, etc so I drive a little further to a nearby town to go there.
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    The LA Fitness near me was co-ran by two owners; a very competent boxer and a creepy alcoholic douche. I left.

However the problem was with THAT guy, not the chain or business model itself.