I told myself I was going to start tomorrow

Options
I told myself that tomorrow was the day I'd start. Just one more day of sitting on the couch watching TV and eating everything I wanted. And I did that for half of the day. Then I decided that enough was enough. I wrote a menu for the entire week, did some grocery shopping, and actually prepared for the changes I need to make. I am 37 years old, 498 pounds, and I need to change. I have no excuse for being as large as I am. I'm a food addict with no real stress or major issues in my life. I'm happily married, I have a great job, a nice enough house, and I am pretty well loved. I've lost 100 pounds before and then gained it all back.

So here I go again. I'll be counting calories using MFP and I am calling a therapist tomorrow. If anyone needs a friend on here that would be great. I live in San Diego, CA and have no issues with interacting with people near and far. I need support and motivation and that's why I'm here. I look forward to reading more and doing what I can here. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• X_littlemiss_X
    Options
    People often think 'ill start tomorrow'. Instead reward yourself for every good choice you make :)
  • bitshred
    bitshred Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job for making the decision. You can do it!
    I see a lot of inspiring individuals on this site, as I notice the amount they have lost. Just count them calories and get off the couch. Baby steps at first. :)
  • Rosanna100dayKeto
    Rosanna100dayKeto Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lets do it!
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making your decision, being firm and making your plan! Feel free to add me:)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wanted you to know that you made the first step, and honestly, that's the hardest step. You can and will do this.

I invited you to my group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18126-lose-10-lbs-a-month

One thing I am now doing that I never did before, take a selfie weekly when you're weighing in. Make it as horrible looking as possible.

I just uploaded the last official Sunday selfies of myself to my imgur acct, and even though this round is only 6 lbs there's a huge difference.
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I told myself thousands of times, I'll start tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes.

Don't get frustrated and don't try and lose it all in one day. Carrying around that much weight requires an extremely large amount of calories to maintain, so you can still eat quite a bit and still lose weight rapidly, just make sure to get an accurate as possible TDEE. Losing weight is as simple and difficult as making small lifestyle changes.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Well done on starting today!
  • FlabToFabJourney
    Options
    Well done!

I told myself I would start (again) YESTERDAY...... and then didn't. I am a serial procrastinator :-(

Reading your post has just inspired me to start NOW (and never mind that I have already made poor choices this morning) - so Thank You!!

I look forward to tracking your progress (along with my own!)
  • lindawheeler79
    lindawheeler79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Well done for your decision! It sounds like you are pretty geared up and motivated and allow us to support you in your life choice. Great idea doing your week's worth of shopping and planning menus. Are you having something different for breakfast each day.
    For me, I have been in denial since having the kids - I was about 154 pounds when I fell pregnant with my first 16 years ago and after having another 13 years ago, I find myself the heaviest I've ever been, 224lbs (16 stone). I am only 5'3" tall and a UK dress size 20/22 (depending on which shop I purchase clothes from) and whilst my Husband loves me, I don't really love myself so now we've just booked a week away in April and I have promised my daughter I will put on a swimming cossie then, well gotta do something now so have just eaten some very odd healthy stuff for breakfast (but am craving toast right now) and am determined. If anybody wants to add me as a friend, please do so. Let's do this journey together so we can support through the tough times and congratulate through the good times :)
  • stoppedsinking
    stoppedsinking Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support.
  • wendybeale7
    wendybeale7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been an I'll start tomorrow person too. Thing is tomorrow is always a day away!!! Glad to see that you didn't wait til tomorrow! Keep going in the TODAY!!!!
  • goog luck dude , you can do it
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Making that decision is the first step, well done you!! Take each day as it comes and set mini goals to make the journey easier and never ever beat yourself up if you slip off the wagon! Sending a friend request if you'll have me :)
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Excellent attitude! Really admirable. If you keep that up through all the highs and lows (and there will be many) there is no reason you shouldn't succeed. Just keep your chin up and always return to your original intention and optimism. Hooray!! :flowerforyou: