Where are the vegans at?

Options
I'm looking for vegan friends to add on here.

I was a vegetarian for 10 years, switched to eating meat for a year (I though I hit a wall but looking back I got into restricting around that time) and gained weight and all these crazy PMS/IBS/health issues which was one of the reasons why I stayed vegetarian for so long. Now I'm 6weeks vegan and I feel fantastic again while slowly upping calories.

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda a vegan. I do ate eggs tho... add me, if I'm good enough for you. :(
  • zomygod
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but trying to go vegan...slowly.
    Have tried 3 times before but failed (lost hair, memory loss, etc...).
    It's tricky to try and lose weight and change a diet at the same time.
    For me, at least.
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here I am. I consider myself macrobiotic, but it is pretty much a vegan diet. I try to eat fish a couple of times a week. Basically no meat, dairy, eggs, sugar.
    Feel free to add me.
  • believeachieve1009
    Options
    I'm a vegan and have been one for a very, very long time. Feel free to add me!
  • Yram29
    Yram29 Posts: 10
    Options
    I eat mostly vegan. Been vegetarian for 20 years (since I was 9) and never liked dairy
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Here I am. I consider myself macrobiotic, but it is pretty much a vegan diet. I try to eat fish a couple of times a week. Basically no meat, dairy, eggs, sugar.
    Feel free to add me.

What is Macrobiotic
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegan and have been for years feel free to add me
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: since Christmas, I've changed from an omnivore diet to a fruitarian one, which was a bit of a shock to my system, to be honest :laugh: anyway, now I'm transitioning to Vegan :smile: feel free to add me if you like :bigsmile:
  • glendathurmond
    glendathurmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whole grains, vegetables and beans are the mainstays, All organic when ever possible and locally grown. Sea vegetables, tofu, miso and tempeh. Fresh fish is OK. Brown Rice syrup and Barley malt is used for sweeteners. No highly processed foods,chemicals, no GMOs. It's kind of a hippy diet that has been around for a while but recently made famous by celebrities that are now macrobiotic.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    join some vegan groups
    lots of us vegans on mfp :smile:
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    join some vegan groups
    lots of us vegans on mfp :smile:
    thanks ill def check those out :)