Wii Fit Games?

Options
I have a Wii Fit and currently own the original Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus games. Although I have fun using it, it's definately not as hard core of a workout as I get doing a step aerobic workout at the gym or even a sauntering pace on an elliptical. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone know of Wii games that will give a better workout? I'm thinking of putting a few on my list for Santa....;-)

Shannon

Replies

• pkndl3
    Options
    I have a Wii console too and I purchased the Just Dance game...I like exercising to music...so you might like that one. Also, have you ever taken a Zumba class? If you like that, then Wii is coming out with a Zumba Fitness game which comes out on November 19th and you can get it at Best Buy! I'm thinking of asking for that for xmas as well as the Just Dance 2...let me know if you like either one of these...
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    Wii Active is great!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit and currently own the original Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus games. Although I have fun using it, it's definately not as hard core of a workout as I get doing a step aerobic workout at the gym or even a sauntering pace on an elliptical. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone know of Wii games that will give a better workout? I'm thinking of putting a few on my list for Santa....;-)

Shannon

I agree completely. I workout harder at the gym. But on nights when I don't have time to go to the gym, the Wii Fit Plus is better than nothing. I just got my wii recently so I'm hoping to get some new games for it soon.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels ones? I know she's hard core on the show, but how do the Wii games stack up?

Shannon
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i have the jillian michael for wii and it's not as fun. it's not set up very good and you have to keep clicking on the different "island" parts. i forget the name and i'm not home to check, but i'll let you know which one i have so you dont wasete your money on it. i am crunched for time going back to school and working, so i just do the wii fit most nights. i did have a pilates dvd that i used to do that i liked, but it broke and i think i paid like $5 for it at walmart years ago. if wii comes out w/ a zumba that would be great, i'm dying to try it. i have wii active and i like it too.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I've heard complaints about Jillian Michael's lately. She doesn't have a strong trainer background, so some people think that you can get injured while following her cueing. I'll scratch those out for now.....

Shannon
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I was ssssoooo disappointed in the Jillian Michael's Wii games. I love her dvd's, but the Wii games were a fail. I'm a HUGE fan of the EA Sports Active Games. The Just Dance is super fun & great cardio too.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser with Bob and Jillian, it's good, I just have a hard time with the wii itself. I don't play many games. I prefer their DVD's, they seem to go much faster. I rarely use the wii.
  • juliefeirer
    juliefeirer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you use the wii active or wii fit does it calculate your calories burned per game? or per session, or anything like that?
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus calculates calories burned, but the regular Wii Fit doesn't (that I can see). Usually when I use Wii Fit I run...jogging on the spot. That is the only one that can make me sweat. When you can't go to a gym, it is better than sitting on your butt! The yoga is pretty good too, as far as stretching/flexibility/balance. And, well, it's fun!
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    I am also looking for more challenging wii fit games...I really like the golds gym cardio workout ... I get a good work out cuz I enjoy it so I'm on it for a couple of hours at a time.