Breakfast Ideas please?

Options
Hi,

I'm looking for breakfast ideas.... I am always over on sugar intake during the day due to having fruit in my breakfast and fruit for snacks during the day, what other breakfast foods can I have that include NO BREAD please? I don't mind something with egg in but I'm not keen on omelette really.... I also see lots of posts where people are eating maybe one whole egg with extra egg whites but then others where people eat 2 or 3 whole eggs? I know eggs are fatty but what would you say is an ok amount to eat in say a week spread over all meals?

I would be very grateful for your help!

Thanks in advance

Clare. x

Replies

• heatherseeg
    heatherseeg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Scramled eggs, boiled egg. Oatmeal with any nut milk. Whole wheat crackers with low fat cheese spread,
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started making steamed eggs. Yum!
    2 eggs and chicken broth. Very filling. Takes a bit of time (15 min) if you're looking for a fast breakfast though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLZoXGyoxk
  • slimminglin
    Options
    I have porridge or meusli with yogurt.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    Porridge is probably the healthiest, most-filling breakfast. I love my eggs though, and I think averaging 7 eggs over a week would be reasonable. I used to make a milkshake with one raw egg, skimmed milk and honey (whizzed in the blender) - quick, delicious and makes your hair shine too!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Probably not much to worry about if your sugar is from fruit and you don't have any medical issues with sugar. That being said, I like to think outside the box for breakfast. I never limit myself to "breakfast foods". I eat lean chicken, cheeses, leftovers from dinner the night before, raw veggies, etc. If you meet your calorie needs and meet your macros for the day - what you eat & when is really not that important.
  • clarehaines
    Options
    Some great ideas! Thanks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do a search, tons of threads about it, you'll get a lot of ideas.
  • chazsabo
    Options
    I saw a topic on here called "Egg white/spinach/pepper muffins and they look SO good! It's just chopped veggies in a muffin tin with egg whites and you bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I tried to copy the link, but not sure if it will work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/982348-egg-white-spinach-pepper-muffins

I'm going to try them. Would be something easy to make ahead and grab one in the morning!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    diced apples, grapes mixed in coconut cream and wrapped in a lettuce leaf. About 6 of those holds me down
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Have a bison burger with an egg on it. You won't be hungry for hours.
  • clarehaines
    Options
    What is a bison burger please?