"Make Up" calories?

Options
So today I am going to be short 700ish cals.

I won't go into details to spare you, but save to say eating isn't such a good idea today even though I am SO hungry.

So am I suppose to make them up somehow? I am just worried it is going to kill my metabolism. My cal count was low yesterday though not as low as today.

I dunno how to make sure my metabolism stays up.

Replies

• clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I think if you only do this for a few days it's not going to hurt you. Just make sure to get your calories back up to where they should be when you're feeling better or are able to eat again.
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    If I read this correctly, you want to up your calories without eating something. Could you perhaps make yourself a milkshake? Maybe have milk, chocolate topping, banana, honey.... I don't know how it'll help your sugars or health, but I find chocolate milk is a killer for calories. I drank a chocolate milk from the store earlier and it was about 450 I think. It's amazing how bad it is. Thankfully I have a higher goal calorie range because of how I am built. But hopefully that's some sort of help.

You could always try juice as well. V8 juice is good. I like that. But I don't know how much you'd have to drink to up your calories.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I suppose you could add a few extra calories a day for a few days until you make up the difference. That way the count will come out right at the end. I've never really thought about it but why not?
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am afraid milk related products would make my issue worse.

I could get some juice though, that *might* be okay.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Eating small meals more often and earlier is best. Just do better tomorrow!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it and listen to your body. If your having the issue I think your having its all going to come out anyway and might irritate your body worse. That being said make sure you stay hydrated. Good luck =) Your not going to jack up your metabolism with even a week of low cal days. Its weeks on end that jack you up and put you into a lower metabolism
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    When I am in this situation, I opt for a adult beverage. Is it the best choice. Probably not, but they are my calories and I will do with them what I want. (evil laugh)
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    I am afraid milk related products would make my issue worse.

I could get some juice though, that *might* be okay.
    yep, milk will make you worse. juice is the better option. feel better.