Tweaking

Options
I have used several online tools to calculate my TDEE and BMR. I think my BMR is rather accurate (~1900/day) and my TDEE (~3000/day) are a bit high and I understand that no calculator can control for physiologic differences between different humans. Nevertheless, in looking at this board, it looks like people spend some time tweaking their calorie targets when they first start to put themselves in a sweet spot (balancing cal intake vs weight loss rates). I am right about this?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Correct. The calculators are a good starting point, but most of the time adjustments need to be made.

Side note: I thought this said twerking.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Yep. In fact, I would say you're ahead of the game by realizing you might need to tweak things rather than taking the calculator as a hard and fast rule.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Correct. The calculators are a good starting point, but most of the time adjustments need to be made.

irsMaGp.gif
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

irsMaGp.gif

I also read twerking...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

irsMaGp.gif

I also read twerking...

mCdmqBz.gif
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, this thread went South quickly...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, this thread went South quickly...

How? You got decent answers.

And this is not "south." Spend a little more time in the forums and you'll see what "south" really is.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have used several online tools to calculate my TDEE and BMR. I think my BMR is rather accurate (~1900/day) and my TDEE (~3000/day) are a bit high and I understand that no calculator can control for physiologic differences between different humans. Nevertheless, in looking at this board, it looks like people spend some time tweaking their calorie targets when they first start to put themselves in a sweet spot (balancing cal intake vs weight loss rates). I am right about this?

It takes time, you need to do some trial and error!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

irsMaGp.gif

I see you have found my homemade twerkout video online.