I love...believe it or not...

Options
being COLD. I have realized in the duration of my weight loss so far that when I'm cold most of the week those are the weeks that I actually lose the most weight. I do not know what the connection is there or if it is just a coincidence but it is very very consistent. Like it will be 73 degrees in the house and I will be freezing my butt off. My entire life I have run hot, so it is an extremely weird feeling. I think I may start hating cold weather, as opposed to before where I hated the heat. Anyone else have this type of experience?

Replies

• luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude!
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am going through the exact same thing. I was always on the warm side. I sweat pretty easily. Now I am cold all of the time. It scared me at first, but I then realized it was due to the weight loss. I am very curious what the summer will bring, because I always hated summer. I just couldn't take the heat.
  • katoka97
    katoka97 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I read that we tend to burn more calories sleeping in a cold room because body has to burn more calories to create heat (which makes sense )
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well, I was cold all summer, and going into the heat felt great! Where as last year I avoided going outside because I was always hot.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Interesting..... I've always been on the warm side as well, but have troubles with my feet and hands running cold. I've been on thyroid most of my life. And when they screwed my medicine up a few years ago... I was cold to the bone, couldn't get warm no matter what. That had stabalized until this year. My feet are like ice. I get the heating pad out for my feet at night. It never occurred to me it was weight lose.
  • gunnparker
    Options
    HI
    I too have found that I am now cold a lot of the time. We had a week or so of hot 30C (86F) and I loved it.
    cheers
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I wonder if we will eventually get used to it because I am not looking forward to winter, I don't like being so cold. But I also dont want to gain the weight back :smile: