Marathon not a sprint

Options
I have to keep reminding myself that this is not a sprint. I am not on a diet, I am trying to change my lifestyle. I came home and could smell something delicious and fried and almost fainted, but I did not even look. I'm trying!!! I hope it gets easier. Does anyone know how long it takes your system to get used to a reduced menu and not have hunger pangs?

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    For me, it took a full week. Good for you to take the plunge! Keep up the good work.
  • RunnerGirl87
    Options
    The general rule is that it takes 3 weeks for a habit to form or break. After 3 weeks of eating right and working out you should feel it get a bit easier or at least more natural.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That being said ... I point you to the philosophy I have outlined in my signature below.

:drinker:
  • rynsmom0911
    Options
    For me, it took a full week. Good for you to take the plunge! Keep up the good work.

I hope so, because day 8 I might go crazy!!!!! ;-) thanks
  • rynsmom0911
    Options
    You are soo right!!! Thanks!!! I needed a nudge
  • rynsmom0911
    Options
    That being said ... I point you to the philosophy I have outlined in my signature below.

:drinker:
    That says it all! Thanks !
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have to keep reminding myself that this is not a sprint. I am not on a diet, I am trying to change my lifestyle. I came home and could smell something delicious and fried and almost fainted, but I did not even look. I'm trying!!! I hope it gets easier. Does anyone know how long it takes your system to get used to a reduced menu and not have hunger pangs?

I have found in the past that the first four days were okay and then after that for a week or two, it was more difficult.

However, this time around I took in a lot more protein to fill me up and it stopped all those hunger pangs. Once you can find your way and get around those, it becomes so much more easier and enjoyable xxx