How often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The research I've done on weighing in is that you will be more successful loosing and keeping weight off if you weigh yourself every day first thing in the morning. That way you can adjust your eating and exercise if the scale is moving in the wrong direction. The key is to try and weigh yourself at the same time every morning. Try to use the same scale every time - whether it's at home or they gym or grocery store - that way it's consistent. My home scale is five pounds off of the one I use at the gym, so I try to record the one that is heavier so I'm not geting a benefit from an inaccurate scale. I'll admit I've got some OCD going about weighing in every day, but I do love love love it when it goes in the right direction (down, please)
  • dancah18
    Options
    I try to weigh myself on saturday mornings after breakfast. I know that if I do it more than that I won't see as much progress and then I will get frustrated! Also I know that when you weigh yourself in the morning you are (obviously) lighter. However, just make sure you are consistent with when you weigh yourself and that will help you get accuracy!
    Good luck!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself (and my kids) once or twice a week on the Wii Fit and that's when I do my "weigh in" here as well.

I find that if I weigh myself more often I'll see the small fluctuations that happen daily and if the number goes up, even just a little bit, it puts me in a really bad mood for the rest of the day. If I just do it once or twice a week I can still track my progress well and it seems to be more accurate as far as seeing my weight loss goes.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I go to the bathroom, and since I drink a lot of liquids, that's a lot of weigh ins. I think that's obsessive though and am annoyed with that behavior a lot of the time. However, since I mentally mark so many weights, I get a feel for the weight fluctuations, and have a good idea of the overall weight trend, not just a weight at one point in time.

Previously I weighed myself only once every month or two, and my weight never changed (I wasn't dieting though), and I thought that was much more relaxing -- I could think about things other than my weight more!
    lol. this reminds me of that oatmeal commercial where the woman drags a scale chained to her ankle with the song "you are always on my mind" blaring in the background. lol. we do tend to obsess.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    2X A WEEK (SUNDAY & THURSDAY). MY OFFICIAL DAY FOR MEASURING AND LOGGING IS THURSDAY!!
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. If my weight goes up I just try to do better that day. I also "weigh in" everyday.
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    I weigh in every friday morning, I don't weigh myself until then because I like the surprise of a loss, but If I gain it just makes me try harder for the following week
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday. I do use the wii about 3-4 times a week but don't really pay attention to that- it almost always shows a gain sometime during the week but by Friday I have lost weight every week so far.
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    i am trying to weigh once a week at a scale at the gym. using the same scale. i had to throw my personal one in the trash becasue i kept obsessing over it weighing like 5 times a day!!!

This is me! I Obsess and weigh at least 3 times a day, but I'm going to have to get my husband to hide the scales because I've been the same weight for the past week and am on a downer about it :-(
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I generally weigh myself almost everyday - i know its not hte Best idea but it helps me stay accountable. if i see it go up it keeps me in check, if it goes down its more encouragement to stay on track. I've done a little better this weigh.

my plan is to only log my weight on one day of the week, but as I'm getting back on track i figure what the heck, i'll just log it.

i do NOT buy into the idea that there is something wrong with weighing yourself frequently. If you obsess sure it can be unhealthy, but theres no scientific way to prove the weighing yourself frequently will cause you to NOT lose weight. that is just silly
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scales, so I weight (if I remember), on Sunday night (Monday morning) after work, at Wal-mart.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Probably as often if not more than you do.... but official weigh ins are Tuesday evenings at 5 .
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i do NOT buy into the idea that there is something wrong with weighing yourself frequently. If you obsess sure it can be unhealthy, but theres no scientific way to prove the weighing yourself frequently will cause you to NOT lose weight. that is just silly

Weighing frequently will cause you to NOT lose weight if you get caught up in the number you see and let that rule your eating behavior for the day. In and of itself, weighing won't stop you from losing weight.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Once a month. I might measure a certain area more often if I notice a change in myself that I didn't see before.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I weight in once a month, and at the same time have my measurements and Percentage of body fat calculated at the gym. I do this to avoid depression on days when I don't make progress. Also, I feel once a month guages my progress better, as weight can flucuate on a day to day basis.

Shannon
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    i like to do once a week so that i can see better results, i was told to do it daily though.
  • jgbeachbum
    Options
    i weigh in once a week on wed am at 9. i have joined this womens fitness group and if we gain even an once we pay $1 no matter what. if we miss the weigh in then we pay $5. we do this for 14 weeks it helps keep us honest and on track. whoever looses the most % by the end of the 14 weeks wins the pot of money. we start off with everyone putting in $25 and the pot grows from there
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    i weigh in once a week on wed am at 9. i have joined this womens fitness group and if we gain even an once we pay $1 no matter what. if we miss the weigh in then we pay $5. we do this for 14 weeks it helps keep us honest and on track. whoever looses the most % by the end of the 14 weeks wins the pot of money. we start off with everyone putting in $25 and the pot grows from there

Good idea!