Losing weight by only eating McDonald's

Options

Replies

• NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    (I'm not saying you should or that this will be healthy but just trying to explain that weight loss can be done with whatever YOU feel like eating as long as you stick to your calories)

So yesterday we sat at McDonald's and I logged it and found out that although its high in calories I still have calories left to eat. I thought to myself that I could eat just McDonald's (giving that I stay within my daily calorie needs) and still lose weight.

Needles to say the people I were with looked at me funny and said I don't know what I'm talking about because they saw "Super Size Me" and said he gained weight (If I remember correctly, I never saw him stick to a certain amount of calories)

But a teacher In america proved my point for me by only eating McDonald's for 90 days and loosing weight!

http://www.food24.com/Restaurants-and-Bars/Teacher-loses-over-15-kilos-on-a-90-day-McDonalds-diet-20140106-2

He stayed within 2000 calories AND walked 45 minutes a day. He also ate things like the Egg White Delight, oatmeal and salads. I did see the occasional small fry as well. You could Substitute "McDonald's" for "Burger King" or "Subway" as well. But he was staying within a certain caloric intake and exercising. He even said, "I wanted to do the OPPOSITE of SuperSize Me" on the Today Show this morning.

It's math.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me want mcdonalds for lunch!!!!

this!
  • mbennett2283
    Options
    All I know is that the last time I was on a diet/exercise regimen about 5-6 years ago, I didn't touch McDonald's for about two months. I decided to go one day and get two dollar menu items. I was twitching within ten minutes (I guess from all the junk going in) and felt horrible for a few hours after.

I'm not touching the stuff this time.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Yes you can - calorie deficit = weight loss

Weight loss doesn't necessarily = healthy ...

I wouldn't want to do it ... I am not sure I could get a single Maccas meal down let alone eat nothing but ..

^^^^ Yep. The trans fats alone are pretty atrocious. It won't make you look fat on the outside though....
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    What a pointless post.

So advocate losing weight with McDonalds but not advocate it for the health deterioration? How about there is more to life than a processed burger anyway?

Actually I find it interesting. There is a long-standing debate oncaloriesin/out vs nutrition/exercise as the way to lose weight. This post gives points to the former.

And how about getting off your high horse? No one said they live for the burger. And some of us have managed to do quite well still incorporating some processed food in our diet.

What's there to debate? Calories in Vs Calories out is science in its basic form. A calorie is a unit of energy, nothing more, nothing less. If you do not expend a surplus of energy through means of activity I.E. moving, breathing etc it will be stored. If you are in a deficit and the energy demands of the body are greater then intake, energy must be pulled from a stored source.

Could you point me to one of these "long standing debates" please (preferably a controlled study). I'm intrigued.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    In b4 the toxins.
  • bid1130
    bid1130 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat the Chicken snack wrap @ McDonalds several days for lunch. It seems to be about the lowest calorie fast food that is quick and easy.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I can go for an egg & cheese Mcgridlle right now

ETA: fast food chains don't make people fat, it's their poor decisions
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You should watch the documentary "fat head" is a direct reply at "super size me" and the guy loses weight eating at Mc.Donalds all the time but at a caloric deficit.

Ill see if I can find it, sounds interesting

The movie documentary is available for free on you tube. It's based on Tom Naughton fast food experiment.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    Fat Heads documentary did something similar. Only fast food for 30 days keeping to a specific calorie goal. He lost weight and his health markers improved IIRC.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    id rather kill myself than eat mcdonalds even once in my whole life lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    id rather kill myself than eat mcdonalds even once in my whole life lol

A bit much? :noway:
  • jayrae87
    jayrae87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some people are too obsessed with the number on the scale and believe it dictates how healthy they are. That's sad. I bet the guy felt like ****.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people can't believe this. They have salads yogurt parfaits diet coke. Ok they are high in fat if you eat other items. But we all have to pick and choose. Cheeseburgers are not to bad in calories. I eat what's available and just make wise decisions. I mix everything with a salad. But if someone only wants to eat mcds then its ok as long as I don't have to. Too many food hang ups.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When I am absolutely craving MacDonalds, a hamburger Happy Meal with 1% milk will take care of the craving. The 470 calories include the apple slices and the mini fries, so I don't do it often, but it works for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In b4 the toxins.

Too late...
    What a pointless post.

So advocate losing weight with McDonalds but not advocate it for the health deterioration? How about there is more to life than a processed burger anyway?
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds

"His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds.

But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so.

Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Actually I find it interesting. There is a long-standing debate on calories in/out vs nutrition/exercise as the way to lose weight. This post gives points to the former.

There's actually not a debate at all. The Law of Thermodynamics proves that a caloric deficit is what causes you to burn fat for energy. Some people choose to argue that is not the case. Those people are wrong. That doesn't make it a debate. No one is debating flat-earthers either.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Losing weight does make you healthier, even if you only eat McDonalds. Having a bunch of lard on your body is one of the worst things for you health.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Actually I find it interesting. There is a long-standing debate on calories in/out vs nutrition/exercise as the way to lose weight. This post gives points to the former.

There's actually not a debate at all. The Law of Thermodynamics proves that a caloric deficit is what causes you to burn fat for energy. Some people choose to argue that is not the case. Those people are wrong. That doesn't make it a debate. No one is debating flat-earthers either.

Thank you