Losing weight by only eating McDonald's

Options

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows Burger King is far superior to McDonalds.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think it's crazy how people are all over this like "how dare you proclaim the McDonald's only diet is salvation when you will look skinny on the outside and your arteries will clog in 2 months and you will keel over"...He makes a good point and it's not proclaiming to be the new "Jared Subway Diet". We have control of so many things and this is an example. Is an organic chicken salad better than a big mac? Obviously. Is our body able to filter out the occasional bad junk? Obviously...or most of us would not be alive. I don't follow what many people would claim "clean eating" but I find that as I work on my calorie intake and focus on my health, I naturally buy less processed foods. And for the record...I only eat McDonald's when it's free, otherwise, why would I waste my calories on roadkill when I could be eating BK ;)
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm McGriddle......
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows Burger King is far superior to McDonalds.

word.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What a pointless post.

So advocate losing weight with McDonalds but not advocate it for the health deterioration? How about there is more to life than a processed burger anyway?

Actually I find it interesting. There is a long-standing debate oncaloriesin/out vs nutrition/exercise as the way to lose weight. This post gives points to the former.

And how about getting off your high horse? No one said they live for the burger. And some of us have managed to do quite well still incorporating some processed food in our diet.

Never owned a horse. Sorry to disappoint...

By the way, I dont have anything against processed food but it is common sense that eating it day in day out, night and day is not going to help. 'Some' processed food was not what was discussed earlier in the post. In fact if you look on some of my other recent posts I state that I am against specific diets and still ate a burger, pizza, fried chicken etc. when I was losing weight. Sorry to disappoint again....

Still, there is more to life than a Big Mac and so why should eating McDonalds every day be encouraged as the only hope for people? Is dieting really about bring people down to eating within such a micro-environment?
    You've either not read the article, or completely misunderstood the point. The science teacher who did the experiment (similar in nature to the "Twinkie Diet" experiment) was out to prove not that eating at McDonald's helps you lose weight, but that losing weight and improving health is simply a matter of calories in vs calories out. He's right. He happened to choose McDonald's because it is readily visible, and their nutritional information is available online, which made for easier planning and tracking.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes, you certainly can lose weight by only eating McDonalds depending on your food choices. As I recall, for Supersize Me his rules were that he had to rotate through every item on the menu and he would supersize only if they asked him (and if they asked him, he HAD to supersize). You could choose only from the lower-calorie options and not gain weight.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Fast food in the States is way more exciting than over here in the UK...when I was there last summer I fell in love with the BBQ pulled pork burgers, mmmm what I'd do for one of those now! :love:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Sure you can lose weight eating nothing but processed, rubbery french fries, but wouldn't you rather lose weight eating real food that tastes good? I just don't understand the "McDonald's as a treat" thing. To me a treat is a grilled steak, a big salad, a couple glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon, and fresh fruit with whipped cream for dessert.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Sure you can lose weight eating nothing but processed, rubbery french fries, but wouldn't you rather lose weight eating real food that tastes good? I just don't understand the "McDonald's as a treat" thing. To me a treat is a grilled steak, a big salad, a couple glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon, and fresh fruit with whipped cream for dessert.
    With the exception of the wine, I eat that as regular food. And have me some McDonald's once a week too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    With the exception of the wine, I eat that as regular food. And have me some McDonald's once a week too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

The reason I would consider this a treat and not every day food is bc (1) it's cold and wet and I'm not going to go set up the grill in the middle of winter and (2) I'd have to go to the store and buy the whipping cream and haul out the mixer, and I'm too busy today. :)

edited to add: (3) I don't drink wine every day -- too many calories plus it makes me too lazy to work out the next morning. :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    This topic and all the subsequent butthurt may also be found here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1163290-90-days-mcdonald-s-diet-with-results

McDonald's breakfast > McDonald's anything else.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    id rather kill myself than eat mcdonalds even once in my whole life lol

A bit much? :noway:

I'm no fan of McDonald's, but I'd prefer it over death. :laugh:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Be happy you have such tastes, then.

Most of what you mention is pretty unappealing to me. On the other hand, I don't exactly crave McDonalds or other fast food, either, although I do eat it frequently. We don't have a heck of a lot available to us at work and I haven't committed to cooking every night for leftovers the next day.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options

Be happy you have such tastes, then.

Most of what you mention is pretty unappealing to me. On the other hand, I don't exactly crave McDonalds or other fast food, either, although I do eat it frequently. We don't have a heck of a lot available to us at work and I haven't committed to cooking every night for leftovers the next day.

huh?
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Cravings are just conditioning by habit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    id rather kill myself than eat mcdonalds even once in my whole life lol

A bit much? :noway:

I'm no fan of McDonald's, but I'd prefer it over death. :laugh:

if the choice is death or McDonalds...then I choose...Mcdonalds!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I probably have McDonalds once a week..yeah, that sounds bad, right? BUT I either have a salad, wrap, or a grilled chicken sandwich..that is wilst watching my husband and son down fries and burgers....but what can you do?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Did anyone really thing that you couldn't lose weight eating at Mcdonald's if you still kept a calorie deficit??

I'd lose weight very quickly by eating only Mcdonald's because I don't like their food.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Some people are too obsessed with the number on the scale and believe it dictates how healthy they are. That's sad. I bet the guy felt like ****.

Two posts above yours shows otherwise.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    What a pointless post.

So advocate losing weight with McDonalds but not advocate it for the health deterioration? How about there is more to life than a processed burger anyway?

Actually I find it interesting. There is a long-standing debate oncaloriesin/out vs nutrition/exercise as the way to lose weight. This post gives points to the former.

And how about getting off your high horse? No one said they live for the burger. And some of us have managed to do quite well still incorporating some processed food in our diet.

What's there to debate? Calories in Vs Calories out is science in its basic form. A calorie is a unit of energy, nothing more, nothing less. If you do not expend a surplus of energy through means of activity I.E. moving, breathing etc it will be stored. If you are in a deficit and the energy demands of the body are greater then intake, energy must be pulled from a stored source.

Could you point me to one of these "long standing debates" please (preferably a controlled study). I'm intrigued.

I think he means on the forums specifically between people who do IIFYM and those who do clean eating.