Lowest calorie pasta and Rice??

Options
Ive looked on fitness Pal for the lowest calorie pasta and Rice but i cant find any of the lower calorie ones in store or online at ASDA or tescos for example . . . Asda Chosen by You - Whole Wheat Conchiglie Pasta. This is really low in calories but i cant find it. Its really annoying me :(

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You can try amazon if it's really important- but I would caution against choosing food based on the MFP entries- people often enter foods incorrectly. Take all the user-inputted entries with a grain of skepticism, if they seem too good to be true they're probably wrong.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    -- nm misunderstood
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont think there's going to be a huge range - pasta is pretty much the same calorie value across brands and shapes. The best way to reduce the calories is to eat less of it. Same goes for rice.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I'd say they're all pretty much the same across the board. I'd go with whole grain, brown rice.. they have better health benefits and a lower glycemic index. Also... If you really like pasta try subbing a spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti. I love it... and I don't feel guilty eating an entire plate of "pasta".
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    kind of splitting hairs here... I mean, the pasta you mention has 154 Kcal/100g. Just a regular generic pasta has 158 kcal/100g. (http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/6458?fg=&man=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=25&offset=&sort=&qlookup=Spaghetti,+cooked)

Dry pasta is dry pasta - there isn't anything special about the product that you referenced - it is 100% Durum Wheat Semolina.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pasta really isn't that bad. A single serving is only 200-300 calories depending on the brand. Add vegetables, meat, and you can have a delicious meal involving pasta for a reasonable amount of calories.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles are a very low calorie pasta substitute (20 calories a serving). Word of warning, though, a lot of people don't like the taste/texture. I don't mind them, personally, but it would be wise to just buy one if you're not sure. You can get them at most grocery stores in the refrigerated section (often the health section).
  • treefrogkate
    treefrogkate Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I normally use spaghetti squash or zoodles (zucchini noodles made with a spiral slicer).