Your Best Diet Meal (Holy Grail Meal)

Options
Maybe if we all share our favourite filling meals that tick all the right boxes its can help give everyone great ideas for perfect meals.

Low Calories, Easy to cook, Cheap, Filling and Tastes Amazing

Mine is a simple, Tuna Steak and Cabbage Medley

Tuna Steak (Very Low in calories, taste delicious and easy to cook) 4xFrozen Tuna Steaks £2.99 Aldi
Cabbage Aldi
Ham Cubes Aldi

Chuck the ham cubes and a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in a stir fry pan, let the juices come out of the ham and then chuck in a chopped cabbage to the mix, stir fry this for 5 - 10 minutes until the cabbage is browned.

Tuna steaks seasoned and wrapped in tin foil. in the oven.

Plenty of cabbage to fill you up and tastes amazing let alone a Tuna Steak that comes with it!

All from Aldi and the whole meal cost less then £5 and about 398 calories per 1 serving. Serves x 4 or that's 4 meals for the week (cook tuna on day). Even the cabbage and ham on its on is a meal in itself!!

What's your holy grail meal!!

Replies

• Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Chicken Salad

Chicken boobie, piri piri spices, dump on veggies of your choice :)
  • barb106
    barb106 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Veggie Omlette - 1 or 2 eggs plus extra egg whites if you wish, Fill it up with sauted spinach, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and top with goat cheese.

The goat cheese really makes it special!
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Marinated salmon and broccoli. I get the salmon from Costco that goes straight from freezer to oven and put frozen broccoli on the baking sheet with the salmon so it gets a little bit roasted. So easy and fits nicely with the macros I usually need by the end of the day (higher in protein, lower in fat and carbs).
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Black beans and rice: sauté onion, garlic and a frying pepper in olive oil. Add a can of black beans with liquid. Warm through and serve over rice, so easy, hearty, healthy, cheap, quick and filling.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ground chicken chili over cooked quinoa with low fat sour cream and sharp cheddar on top.

I make the chili using the McCormick low sodium chili mix according to the package and ground chicken instead of beef.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of roasted vegetables and rice/barley with protein.
    Cook the grains in a rice cooker while prepping the vegetables. Vegetables are usually broccoli, sweet potatoes, peppers, Brussels, beets, etc. tossed with oil, S&P, and spices cooked 20-30 minutes at around 400. Protein can be simple beans, tempeh, chicken pieces, fish, steak, etc. This is a quick meal for me because I usually have at least one component already waiting in the fridge. If there isn't enough fat I'll add some cheese or nuts or a bit of olive oil on top. A fried egg on top is good, too.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Any veggie soups. I make all kinds, pureed squash, veg minnestrone, miso. Easy, healthy, filling and usually vegan.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    ribs
    and diet beer
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com, chicken sausage and summer vegetable mix.......SO good :)
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles with tahini, sesame seeds, and baked tofu. Yum yum yum!
  • ageelowbop
    Options
    2 well seasoned roasted chicken thighs
    6 oz. sirloin steak
    3 cups of steamed broccoli seasoned with garlic salt and pepper
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    No name for this yet - but we call it Andouille Succotash at home (even though it is not a succotash):

Dice a potato - about 150-200 calories worth. Throw it in a skillet with butter flavored cooking spray. Add little salt and pepper. Add some dried chopped onion. Brown the potato.

When potatoes nearly done, add 1 link of sliced or diced Aidelle Andouille Sausage (160 calories). Saute all together.

Serve...only 330 calories +/-
  • naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1/4 cu of basmati rice (dry)
    mushrooms, asparagus, wax beans, brocolli and baby corn. ~250 g
    1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
    1 tsp lemon juice
    cumin, cinnamon, salt, cayan pepper.

SOOOOO tasty and all under 300 calories