more hunger than usual

Options
once in a while i feel hungrier than normal and i don't mean i have cravings i just mean that i feel like my body is in need of food and what i ate maybe 2 hours ago (my normal meal) has already been digested. Does that mean the metabolism is working faster?

Replies

• msparker81
    Options
    i've noticed the same thing, so i've started trying to increase the frequency of my meals. this helps a little but doesn't really answer your question...sorry.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    once in a while i feel hungrier than normal and i don't mean i have cravings i just mean that i feel like my body is in need of food and what i ate maybe 2 hours ago (my normal meal) has already been digested. Does that mean the metabolism is working faster?

I am having the same thing happen to me so I was wondering about that and was just about to post a topic when I saw yours.
  • toniwickham
    Options
    If I feel that way, I increase my protein, that seems to help.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I noticed it lately. I wondered if its because the weather is turning colder and therefore we're using more calories to keep warm?
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    possible 3 reasons can think of,.....brain can't tell the difference between thirst & hunger both feelings the same. The other is body is getting ready for winter is trying to store cals [ie.bear hibernation] & finally body is not getting enough food for the amount of activity.:wink:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I get that now and again. Just days where you don't seem to fill up or if you do, it just doesn't last for very long. Drives you mad! It's such a distraction when you feel like your body hasn't had enough food all day!
    The time of year comment Championnfl made sounds plausible. I definitely get much more sleepy around this time of year too.
  • trish1215
    Options
    If your working out a lot that could be the reason why your getting so hungry. Your body continues to burn calories long after your work out and thats why your getting hungry. Eating foods high in fiber will really help with your hunger. It takes longer to digest. Also, make sure you are eating small snacks about (100-130 calories) between each meal..It keeps your matabolism going and your hunger down. I usually eat a fiber one bar (they have 90 calorie ones) around 3PM so I am not starving when it comes to dinner..thats when over eating happens. I hope this helped. Good luck!
  • melissalane
    Options
    I get that every month 2 weeks before my period, im not sure if this is the the same time frame as you but if so than its normal, its our bodies trying to intake for iron and what not because our body looses so much that time of the month
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It could also mean that you are not getting enough carbs. That was my problem. After feeling hungry like that, I would then get very sluggish... If you notice this, you want to increase carbs for one day of the week so your body can replenish what you're using when working out.
  • helengator1
    Options
    FemininGuns-which carbs do you eat when you increase? Thanks :flowerforyou: