Does MFP work? Need friends!!!

Options
Who has lost weight using MFP? I have to lose 50lbs and have tried this before. Just wondering if anyone has had results.

Replies

• roadtomydreambody
    Options
    If you can stay motivated and be honest in tracking your food/workouts it definitely works! Good Luck!
  • phillipsak
    Options
    I've been on the site for quite some time but have never stuck with it unfortunately... trying once again to make a go at it.

My name is Amanda! Nice to meet you :)
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    It works if you are honest in your logging.
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70+ pounds, with about 45 of that a direct result of tracking calories & exercise. I just love SEEING my hard work pay off - and it's so simple and easily available! I have it on my iPad and my phone so I have no excuse not to track! It works - just stick with it and keep yourself accountable!
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds a few years ago using MFP and Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I really believe it is the logging that keeps you losing! I have gained back a lot and I am ready to go again.
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 124lb in 14 months, most of that time I have been actively online; you are the one making the food choices, so as long as you're honest with yourself & log everything you eat, you can do this.... If you lie on your food diary, you're lying to yourself.

The only thing gou can do is give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

xXx
  • the1andonlyrm
    the1andonlyrm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it works 100%. keep track of everything and exercise and you will see results.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have been working on this since July and have dropped about 55 lbs. So I guess this works if you do the work. :bigsmile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    it works, if you work.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I started 2012 November and now am in maintenance since about October 2013 of this year when I met and surpassed my goal.

stats:

5'6"
    sw: 195 (maybe even 200)
    gw: 140
    weight now 129 to 135 fluctuates daily but maintain between that range.

It works if you are honest with it. It takes will power and daily logging. Dont expect a miracle or magic it is ALL up to you.
    Good Luck!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    it works if you work it. you have to put in %100 percent to get the results you want. you have to be ready and something has got to click in you to get it done. thats what happened to me.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It definitely works when you are consistent in logging in everything from food, water intake and exercise. From my own personal experience, I am successful when Im on top of it and I manage to loose weight. When I get off track well I dont do so well. You can loose those 50 lbs, it all depends on how bad you want it :smile:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yes it works. It's a lifestyle change and you have to stick to it. You can add me if you want but if I see you have not logged in in over 30 days I dump you. Also fill out more info so we can help. Good luck!

Anybody who tells you this is easy is full of ****!
    IMHO!

Marcello
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    It does not work. You have to work. it is simply a tool to help guide you.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    MFP isnt a miracle cure...its just a way to be accountable...something you could do with a pen and notepad. the miracle cure is and always will be YOU
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It does work if you are honest with everything you log and you are consistent with logging and with exercise. I lost 35 pounds last year with the help of mfp, I gained 7pds back through the Holidays by not tracking everything and not exercising enough. January 1 I recommitted myself to tracking everything and trying to get back into a steady routine of exercise again. I know it will come back off quickly now. I love having mfp as a tool to help me reach my goals. ...good luck, you can do it, just use it and do what it says and it will work for you too!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    It is a TOOL. A very good tool that has worked for many many people. Read some Success Stories to find them.
    BUT it is only a tool. It will not do the work for you. But if you log in every day, accurately weigh and measure all your food and honestly track everything, no matter how good or bad and be patient......

It WILL work.

It is up to you. :flowerforyou:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't "work" because it doesn't do anything. It's just a logbook.

You do the work. MFP just helps you track it.

It's like asking "I'm trying to lose weight. Does pen and paper work?"
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 124lb in 14 months, most of that time I have been actively online; you are the one making the food choices, so as long as you're honest with yourself & log everything you eat, you can do this.... If you lie on your food diary, you're lying to yourself.

The only thing gou can do is give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

xXx

Hiya, well done on the 124lbs loss. What was your weight loss strategy?
  • sameena2013
    Options
    If you log regularly you would be aware of what your eating and how much calories you are spending due to exercise- honestly it depends upon you and how serious you are to loose weight-i have been logging since 4th Nov and its an habit now:) feel guilty if i am out of the calorie range and next day control my eating and workout more harder
    You can add me-sameena