200+ LBS TO LOSE

Options
Hi, I am 36 years old and I have over 200lbs to lose, I am at the point to where I feel like both of my legs are constantly asleep, my back and knees are on fire, i get out of breath walking to my car

I have lost lost 100lbs on 2 different occasions and I dont know why I keep stopping and gaining the weight back but yet I am always ready to get started back again, I have to do this and stick to it, gotta figure out what it is, what I need is people to add as friends that will give me advice and look at my diary and tell me what I can do better, and vice versa, I only prefer to add those who keep their diary open so i can learn from it

please help me, I am embarrassed to be out in public, even my family events, I am in tears because I dont want to live like this anymore, I want to be healthy and enjoy life

Replies

• ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Stick with the program and if you happen to have a day of weakness just remember you can get right back on track the next day. Your sadness over your weight is a realization that you need to make a change.... And being here is where you will achieve that goal!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am here for support :smile:
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel your pain. Wishing you well on your ongoing journey. I prefer not to keep my diary open, thus, probably not a good friend match for you. I'm sure you will find many here that are though.
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My best advice to you is:

Take it just a pound at a time. I can imagine how huge of a challenge it must be to lose 200 pounds. However, you are losing weight just like everyone else...one pound at a time.

Come up with smaller goals. Celebrate every 10 pound loss. Get a fancy haircut or a nice purse or something that you enjoy when you achieve one of your smaller goals.

You can't eat an elephant in one bite! Just take it one small bite at a time and you'll get there.
  • Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there! The only advice/suggestion I can provide is just keep tracking everything you do. Food and exercise are your two best friends right now. Just have to make sure it's the right foods and in the right portions :)

Feel free to add me as a friend. Now that the holidays are over I'm back into full fledged logging mode. I might be able to help with some suggestions on food and exercise that aren't too scary ;)

From your profile photo you look like you're a generally happy person, what a wonderful smile! Just try to imagine what that smile will look like when you're done!
  • gpmominoh
    gpmominoh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know all too well the desire to stay at home and hide from the world. I have struggled for the past 2 years without being able to stop my weight from going up.

I have committed to do it this time.

I set some small goals for January -- I am hoping some wins will help me not get discouraged.

1. Log every bite, all day long (I usually stop with dinner)
    2. Drink 4 glasses of water per day -- I know 8 is the normal goal, but I struggle with that one -- so baby steps.

I have just decided that I am worth the struggle and my kids and BF are worthy of a healthy me. I must do this.

Please feel free to add me -- although I don't promise that I will offer too many tips or advice as I am just struggling through this journey myself.

I just started an exercise program and one of the things they say is just be a little better today than you were yesterday. -- That is what I am striving for -- to be a little healthier and happier today than I was yesterday.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request. This will be the toughest thing you've ever done, but it will be worth it! Keep your head up!
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i am going to add you, we can support each other, thank you so much!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do this! It is a great site! I don't think I would have lost the 88 lbs I've lost with out finding it! Log everything you eat and do for exercise. If you goof off and mess up one day, know it's ok tomorrow get right back on!
    I know how you feel! I use to hurt all the time! I was ashamed of what I weighed! Know it isn't going to happen over night and except that it's ok!
    I think being here you can reach your goals!:happy:
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Best of luck to you. It'll be hard but you can definitely do it. Just think of how happy you'll be once you actually can see the weight loss. Celebrate every size down you get.
    Great advise so far.
    All I can add is to be really true to yourself. Log everything and don't let life get in your own way (well, that's kind of the rule I should be following myself!!!). Your health is the most important thing and everything else can and will just have to fit around it!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi You are on my friend list, the last diary i saw of yours was within good numbest except the sodium this may be making you retain fluids as it does this when sodium is over the levels.

i hope you will be able to stick with this and see improvement and that you will be happier.

i believe you have pain too which is no help.

I ahev fibromaylagie and have never been able to exercise much but i have started t walk and gradually built on it and now do a 60 walk x 3 per week. i had very week muscle at the tops of my legs but these have got much stronger my weight loss is slow but ah oh as long as it comes off, i get feed up with it when the scales don't move

i wish you a good journey
  • Geschenkpapier
    Options
    Hello!

I also have a lot to loose... the ultimate goal will be close to 150 lbs from my maximum weight.
    So far I've dropped 35lbs so there's way more to go.

Feel free to add me - I don't know how much of help I can be, but I feel it easier to stick to my goals if I know that there is someone around who goes through the same, even if he/she is far away from me.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank you for the feedback, i struggle with sodium a lot, something i definitely have to work on, I am trying to eat a lot less processed foods, thank you so much!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of here have lost and gained back weight many times over, but there is hope. You're just 36 and you have a whole long life ahead of you to enjoy. As so many others here have already told you, begin to log...everything. After failing so many times before logging my foods has been the single biggest difference in my success. I think it made me become more aware and helped to eliminate the "mindless eating" and gain better control. Another thing that helped me was learning to substitute foods as even after more than a year I find I still battle those food demons. I began in small steps, first eliminating soft drinks and drinking water with lemon or lime. I tried to work with my own weaknesses such as saving the bulk of my calories for later in the day as that's when I have the most appetite and intense cravings. I keep my protein intake up, and I've learned to love substitutes such as roasted cauliflower, yum, also squash, and kale. You'll find lots of helpful and delicious suggestions on here. Don't listen to the lies in your head! You know, the one that tells you that eating will comfort you and be your best friend. Be alert to your cravings and don't try to deny them, but do substitute. For example, if you're craving apple pie, then slice an apple , sprinkle it generously with cinammon or apple pie spice and munch away. You'll be surprised at how satisfying it is. If you're craving something salty get an air popcorn machine and use a no calorie spray such as Pam and sprinkle it with garlic salt or parmesan cheese. If you just want to EAT everything then it's time to roast those veggies and eat until the craving passes. You can do this! We can do this!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You can do this!

One day at a time.

When you think about the amount it can seem overwhelming. Many of us have been there, and know exactly how you feel.

Get through the first day, the first week, the first month and pretty soon you will see that you can do this. A year from now you will be glad that you stuck with it. A year will go by very quickly and you will be in much better place.

At my worst moments, I would ask myself, "is the few minutes of indulging worth it?".

Take the strength and motivation from where ever you can to help you over the rough times. MFP is great for that!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Also, I noticed you have 94 friends on your friend's list. Have you not been interacting with them recently for support, etc?
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My goal is 200 lbs to lose as well. Feel free to add me. My diary is open. I make progress, and I screw up and I keep on trying. That's the way it goes.
  • tannammm
    tannammm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I've lost 90lbs so far and still have 105lbs more pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. It's a lifestyle change and it can be done. Feel free to send me a friend invite if you want.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have to lose 297 pounds to reach my ideal weight. I'm out of breath every time I go up stairs, and I like to hide from the world. But I am committed to changing my eating habits, and dropping this weight. Best of luck to you!
  • TurtleRunner72
    TurtleRunner72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have 150 lbs to lose.