P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey!! My boyfriend and I started P90X3 and are going into week 3 tomorrow so we are in!
  • sriyareddy
    Options
    Hi anyone seeing results with p90x3 .... I'm in week 3 I'm doing double workout everyday ...I'm not seeing weight loss but I feel I'm toning up ...
  • sriyareddy
    Options
    Have u seen any results
  • sriyareddy
    Options
    Hi mike so along with p90x3 do you also run
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    First week of P90X3 completed. I'm doing the classic version and I'm enjoying it. I still do a bit of cardio along with the workouts as well. Sometimes I do the Insanity warm up segment before the actual workout just to 'wake up'. lol.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    First week of P90X3 completed. I'm doing the classic version and I'm enjoying it. I still do a bit of cardio along with the workouts as well. Sometimes I do the Insanity warm up segment before the actual workout just to 'wake up'. lol.

Nuff said! Bring it, girl.

demotivation.us_INSANITY-Your-work-out-is-our-warm-up.-_134315898732.jpg
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Hi mike so along with p90x3 do you also run

Yes, I am training for a pair of half marathons in the Spring on top of the P90X3. Right now I am substituting two cardio workouts with runs, and starting next week I will run three times per week. This will mean I have to do P90X3 doubles on some days to make it work out.

Mike
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone seeing results with p90x3 .... I'm in week 3 I'm doing double workout everyday ...I'm not seeing weight loss but I feel I'm toning up ...

Take measurements and photos, don't rely on the scale. Also, obviously if your goal is to lose fat you need to be eating at a calorie deficit - are you logging?
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I ordered P90x3 on Friday, so I am anxiously awaiting my shipping notification and I wanted to save this thread for future posting :)

I did T25 along with Tammy and it was pretty good, but I feel like I historically have better results from weight lifting-centered programs than cardio-based, so I have high hopes for this program!

Off to read the previous threads and see how you all handled the pull ups. No way am I drilling holes in my ceilings, and my historic home has rounded doorways with no molding, so no pull up bar, either
  • Butrovich
    Options

Off to read the previous threads and see how you all handled the pull ups. No way am I drilling holes in my ceilings, and my historic home has rounded doorways with no molding, so no pull up bar, either

There is a stand-alone pullup bar you can buy as an alternative.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stamina-Power-Tower-Home-Gym/12536778

mike
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I ordered P90x3 on Friday, so I am anxiously awaiting my shipping notification and I wanted to save this thread for future posting :)

I did T25 along with Tammy and it was pretty good, but I feel like I historically have better results from weight lifting-centered programs than cardio-based, so I have high hopes for this program!

YAYY!! I am so glad you will be joining in the fun :) I loved sharing our T25 journey and looking forward to this one too. I think you'll enjoy this program.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Week 1 down. The only workout I'm not a huge fan of is Yoga, but I imagine by the time Wednesday rolls around I'll be glad for the break! Dynamix on Sunday was a nice "rest day."
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Official first workout tonight! I'm excited!
  • cobalt719
    cobalt719 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I did day 1 today. The combo moves are no joke for sure.
    I'm a little worried about the calories the nutrition plan has me eating but I figured I go with it.
  • stacypezzola
    stacypezzola Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting I'm not sure whether to do classic or lean?! I'm looking to lose weight more than anything, my total weight loss goal after all is said and done is 50 lbs.
  • Butrovich
    Options
    I woke up this morning to find the snow had finally stopped and I glanced at my driveway which took almost an hour to clear yesterday, wondering if I should get some eggs or not from the store. That was when the urge to throat punch someone hit me. Now, I am not a violent person by nature, and it is another thing to imagine the extremely painful notion of a karate chop to the Adam's Apple, but when I saw the pile of snow at the bottom of my driveway, I was enraged enough to hunt down the snowplow driver who left this frozen debris in my way. After calming down over breakfast and coffee, I went out, yet again, to clear a path for my car.

Once that was done, I ventured out to the local store for a carton of eggs. I'm sorry, what the hell was I thinking? We are in the midst of a snowpocalypse and potential extinction event, and I was naive enough to think there would not be a run on eggs, or milk, or food for that matter? I walked into the store and it was as if had been pillaged by the likes of Daryl, Maggie, and Glenn. (Let's see who knows these people) No eggs today!

So back home I went and had a little bonding time with Tony Horton. A little Ab Ripper X followed by Total Synergistics, which was a tad foolish of me since there are ab/core exercises in Total Synergistics. As if my abs weren't smoked enough from Ab Ripper X and Pfifer Scissors! A total of 610 calories were burned and now I can go about my business in my ice-entombed home.

Stay warm and press play!

Mike
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mike, sounds like a rough day. I totally understand the frustration of the snow plow after you did all of that work. Ours has a bad habit of doing the same thing. And as far as the store goes, you are a very brave man venturing in there haha. Gotta love how people think they will never see a grocery store again in history and must buy everything in sight. Hope your day gets better :)

Oh and I know Daryl, Maggie and Glen :wink: February can't get here fast enough!! I need some zombie action!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Oh my Mike it sure seems like you had an adventure yesterday but despite all those obstacles you still managed to push play and get it done....I am impressed.

I began yesterday and truly enjoyed Total Synergistics but agility handed me my *kitten* this morning. I didn't know if I was coming or going with all those multi directional exercises so I finally decided to block out Tony and just try to hit diff spots on my taped grid. All in all I survived. I have arthritic knees so the jumping and lunges can be problematic at times.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Completed Total Synergistics last night. Burned around 270 cals. Although that's debatable, as there was little cardio involved.

Wow. Do I suck at pullups! I can't even do one! I cheat and sort of hop up, while using the chinup assist band. I'm still working for it, as I try to hold myself up once I cheat my way up there. I'm envious of everyone who can do them. This will definitely be a major accomplishment for me! I know I'll get there. Four months ago, I couldn't do a single pushup either. Now I can do 12ish.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
  • Butrovich
    Options
    If you wonder which celebrities do P90X3, I saw Mark Schlereth, famous football player and ESPN analyst, tweeting his copy of P90X3 arrived in the mail today.

https://twitter.com/markschlereth

Mike