Thinking about food more now...

Options
Whenever I diet, I think about food more than usual. :( And usually it ends up with me reasoning with myself how to incorporate something unhealthy into my day.

Does anyone have any tips for quelling the feeling of hunger, even when you are not?

Replies

• jonilegg
    Options
    I am actually the opposite. I've been doing this for about 1 month and I think about eveything I am going to eat and I make better choices. Some things just arent worth the calories for me! I'm happy to say that I've lost 15 lbs and I want to keep going!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Whenever I diet, I think about food more than usual. :( And usually it ends up with me reasoning with myself how to incorporate something unhealthy into my day.

Does anyone have any tips for quelling the feeling of hunger, even when you are not?

I try to think about something else or do something else that will hold my concentration so I stop thinking about food. I also try to have a glass of water as sometimes that can stop you feeling hungry too. If all else fails, I try to have a piece of fruit on my desk so that I might just manage not to go and get crisps or chocolate! :smile:

C
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My best advice is drink LOTS of water! If you want a treat, drink water first. Then treat yourself, but be reasonable about it. Don't go over board. :) The water will help fill you up first so you'll eat less and also help with weight loss!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love food. I think about food 18 hours a day. Now I just think about good food. Write down foods you like and know are healthy and keep incorporationg good food
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have to say that when I tell my clients that when they are trying to Justify a food that they are thinking about eating that usually means you should not eat it and try to make a better choice. Remember this is not a DIET! Diets don't work think of this as your LIFESTYLE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT HAS TO BE TO do this.
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I add everything to my food diary before I eat it. If I want pasta or something unusual for dinner then I put that in first and then work the rest of my day around it, that way I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of the things I want and I can still stay under calories/carbs/sugar etc.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    WHat I do is have a cheat meal ONCE a week. Usually on the weekend. I eat whatever I want for one meal. That way I dont feel like I crave junk during the rest of the week really because I know I will be having my cheat meal soon :)
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I also find that when you eat junk less frequently you crave it a LOT less frequently :) Good luck!
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :D

xx
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it a lot also, since I started-but honestly-I have always thought about food alot. I love to eat!!! So, now I make sure that in the morning before I leave, I have plenty of snacks packed with me-so that I have choices when I do get hungry. Then I know that I am limited to those choices. That doesn't work for some people-but honestly, if I am not limited-then I feel I have too much freedom to eat what isn't good for me. Right now I have to be limited until this becomes more of a habit than not.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I try to stop thinking about food because it starts to feel obsessive. I eat it, record it, and forget about it until I'm hungry again.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne