mummy tummy

Options
any mums out there know how to get rid of a baby belly ?
goin on holiday in 5 weeks an d trying to lose it all x

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    um, it's going to take a while for that to disappear. i'm working on that now. for me, it's the last fat to go. i've read strength training helps and of course cardio. it doesn't come off easy though, i'm doing both. it's getting smaller, but it will probably take months (for me anyway :sad:).
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    so what are you doing just now to help get rid ofit ?x
  • dancingqueenbuddy
    Options
    Working on my baby belly as well... Depends on if there was an increase in fat around the belly during prego or just the standard loss of muscle that comes with gowing a beachball under your abs. The saying "abs are made in the kitchen" is true, calorie intake must be less then calories burnt to lose fat. Breastfeeding will usually burn sufficient calories on it's own, for non-breatsfeeding moms cardio or a lower calorie diet should do it. As far as the return of muscle tone in the abdomen I advocate The Tracy Anderson Method, she has a line of home workout dvd's including a post-pregnancy one. It is a serious ab workout, i love it. The dvd although focusing on your core also covers your arms and legs, can't hurt right?! Ofcourse any toning core excersises are going to help, Tracy Anderson Method is just my preference. Hope it helps, have fun on your holiday!
  • Vivx
    Options
    aww thanks so much for that
    to be honest im open to try anything
    im doing at least 1 hrs exercise a day walk 10 15 miles a week and do alot of strength aswell my arms and legs are toned up as i was very active before my pregnancy so it just my tummy im looking to sort out so i will certainly give that a try and pray it helps :D x
  • mary020378
    Options
    do sit-ups or crunchs that will help tone that area. with crunchs you can also work on the side areas(the love handles).
  • Vivx
    Options
    yeah iv been doing that aswell thanks alot !x
    i have alot of weight around the love handles wich needs to be gone ! x:laugh:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Leg and knee raises are good as well. Also there is a post on here that talks about the pouch. It is for mother's who have had a C-Section, but I am sure it will work for you as well. :smile:
  • hiltonheadagain
    Options
    I've had 5 children in the span of 7 years so I can relate. I've found that planks (yoga pose, I think though I don't really do yoga) are really quick and effective at pulling in the stomach muscles. Best Wishes!
  • Vivx
    Options
    yeah i certainly do have a pouch ! its hard work but im so determined !
    i used to do yoga but i didnt realise the plank would help i will certainly b giving that a bash thanks so much for that !
    x
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    so what are you doing just now to help get rid ofit ?x

right now what i was doing before, but less cardio. more strength training. i haven't figured out the food thing yet, but i want to limit my fat and sugar intake eventually to see if that helps. i'm on week 2 of maintenance so i'm a little lost....however with the weight loss, my belly looks much better, but there's still more belly fat there.

i'm open to suggestions, but i think for me, this is equivalent to my last 10 pounds even though my weight is technically where i want to be. :ohwell:
  • Vivx
    Options
    well just now im doing about 1 hr of exercise a day both cardio and strength
    im limited to 800 calories per day
    i take ali weight loss tablets and acai tablets to help lose more weight so im pretty much open to anymore suggestions just now aswell !
    this is a quick fix until december then after my holiday i intend on just maintaining a healthy diet !
    so if you have any tips or anything please let me know im willing to try anything xxx:heart:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Eat more Viv. Unless you are tiny, 800 is too low. They recommend 1200 here, but my wife and I both did well between 1000 and 1200.
  • Vivx
    Options
    im really small tho xx
  • Vivx
    Options
    thats great i can see from ur pic and signature u have lost a great deal of weight !
    ur a great rolemodel when i see other people can do it i realise that i can do it to theres no difference !
    but yes i am only 5 ft 2 so i am really small so its ok
    i sdont feel tired or anything like that im full of energy and to be honest this is the best iv felt in a long time !
    thanks so much for everyones comments it really is a confidence booster and it is encouraging me to push on for my holiday !
    and well done to your wife aswell what a result xxx
  • sexyyatta1
    Options
    omg the baby belly is my problem also omg i have just started tryn to loose it, i need help also...
  • Vivx
    Options
    its so hard i feel like no matter what i do it doesnt go away !
    but i still keep trying u shud try some of the advice that is on this and see thats what i was going to do x
  • keith0373
    Options
    My wife is also 5'2 and dropped from 150 to 110 from March 23rd to July 23rd or so. She was never under 1000 calories, but did do a 500-1500 calories of exercise a day, often resulting in a net negative for the day. YOu are doing the right thing if you body is not complaining too much.
  • Vivx
    Options
    oh god thats brilliant good on her !
    so wot kind opf exercise was she doing to burn so many calories ?
    im doing alot of walking and jogging and some strenth stuff just now but if there was anything more i could do let me know xxx
  • keith0373
    Options
    Tons of cardio. Mostly walking (on hills) and elliptical. 60 to 120 minutes a day, at least 6 days a week. We didn't mess with any strength training or high impact running until the weight was off and counted the calories not the minutes.

I think counting the minutes of exercise is where people go wrong. Walking for 60 minutes on flat ground just does not burn that many calories. Even running at the speed that most heavy people run isn't too efficient and beats you up pretty bad if you are over age 18.

Walking on a treadmill at 15% incline burns over 2.5 times more calories in the same amount of time,it is same with the elliptical (even more if you increase resistance on it). You can work harder and smarter at the same time.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Do cardio 6 times a week and weight training 3 times a week. I am STILL working on mine. It's little now. Belly tummy isn't the easiest to get rid of. It usually is a slower process. I know, it sucks!