Re-introduction

Options
Oh where to start....I was on MFP October 2012-April 2013 and I had lost 60 pounds in that time. I was doing awesome at eating healthy and working out. Then at the end of April last year I had an accident and broke my back. I was in the hospital for two weeks and couldn't walk. There went the end of eating healthy and exercising. I've just started to work out again, not as much as I was but I'm only able to do small increments. Anything more and I'm pretty much in pain for the rest of the week. I cannot even begin to say how frustrating it is to go from this active, hiking, working out person to someone who after 15 minutes of walking has to sit down to rest my back. It honestly brings me to tears sometimes knowing that I need to get healthy again but am limited. A recent visit to my doctor has reinforced my need to get moving and eating better as my cholesterol and blood pressure are both up. So I've decided that I need to get back on the wagon and start logging my food, and walking.....while I can only walk a bit, every bit helps right? Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. Coming back from a serious back injury and swimming up hill to health....I would seriously appreciate some new friends on here to help me through this. Have a great day everyone..

Replies

• lauraleighangel
    lauraleighangel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've battled weight and eating problems all my life. The year 2005 was the last year I can remember that I was at a good healthy point in my weight. Being 5'2, it's hard to stay at a normal weight. I am determined to achieve that feeling I had back in 2005..SO, I am starting eating 1300 daily and trying to exercise 4 times a week. I want to have lost 20 pounds, maybe more, by May 30. Currently, I am 150 pounds and would like to get to 130 but 125 would be awesome! I, too, am looking for support. I teach first grade, but today/tomorrow are snow days..Contact me anytime for support..I am new on this site so not very familiar with it! Nice to meet you!
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey lauraleighang, just sent you a friend request.