Meals on the go???

Options
The nature of my work schedule lacks consistency and routine which is what contributes to my bad eating habits. There are some days when I have a normal 8 hour day, but I normally work an average of 12-14 hours/day. So, I have decided the best way to maintain a healthy diet is to pack my meals/snacks and take them with me for the day. Pre-packaged items of course are the most convienent and time saving, but that leads to super high sodium levels. Also, I am finding that I am eating WAY under my suggested caloric intake, like 500/1200. I have just re-committed myself to MFP, so my diary is lacking...sorry.

I am looking for helpful suggestions to balance a busy work day and a healthy diet to reach my 50lb goal, but any support would be awesome!

Replies

• FatSLPSally
    Options
    Do you have a microwave that you could use at work, or do you just want on the go meals that are not a sandwich?
  • ngrafferty
    ngrafferty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Diversity of meals would be great, but I am not opposed to sandwiches or simple foods. I work three jobs that differ greatly by setting but I would say that I have access to a microwave 75% of the day. The rest of the day I am traveling between client's homes, that is where portable/easy snacks to keep my metabolism going would be helpful.