Shakeology Pros and Cons

Options
Has any one tried Shakeology before? If so what are some of the pros and cons? Or does anyone know of anything that's cheaper but as effective? I'm looking for a shake that will have protein and boost my energy.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Pros and cons this thread; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113519-anyone-had-success-with-shakeology?hl=shakeology#posts-1820168

Cons this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132952-if-one-more-person-pushes-shakeology-on-me-i-swear?hl=shakeology&page=3#posts-1818790

Main concensus is that is is significantly overpriced considering the nutritional content is very similar if not identical in some cases to other protein powders.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    [POST REMOVED BY ADMIN - ads are not allowed on the forums]
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Pros and cons this tread; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113519-anyone-had-success-with-shakeology?hl=shakeology#posts-1820168

Cons this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132952-if-one-more-person-pushes-shakeology-on-me-i-swear?hl=shakeology&page=3#posts-1818790

Main concensus is that is is significantly overpriced considering the nutritional content is very similar if not identical in some cases to other protein powders.

I'd compare it to any protein powder and it would come out ahead. 70 different nutrients? Come on????
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Has any one tried Shakeology before? If so what are some of the pros and cons? Or does anyone know of anything that's cheaper but as effective? I'm looking for a shake that will have protein and boost my energy.

I love it.

That said, I have tried many different protein shakes, this is more than a protein shake it is a meal replacement. I have seen many positve effects since drinking it and so have some of my friends that drink it. I highly recommend it. It is worth the money.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder Beachbody coaches - promoting your own site or offering discounts would be considered an ad, and ads are not allowed on the forums. As you can imagine, we have a lot of beachbody coaches on the site who would also like to promote their products to our members, so to prevent the forums from becoming flooded with ads, we do not allow ads on the forums.

You're free to talk about Beachbody products, both pros and cons, but please make sure to do so in a way where you are not trying to financially benefit, i.e. by promoting your own site, offering discounts through your links, "message me if you have questions", etc.

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you're all enjoying the site.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Any side effects? When I did slim fast, I would get bathroom consequences... if ya know what I mean! So, I 've been very hesitant to try the Shakeology as a result.

Not to mention, I'm not a huge fan of liquid diets. I just don't think they seem satisfying. Anyone else share this opinon? Has Shakeology changed that?

Shannon
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, the first week there were bathroom issues. However that is because it is cleaning out your system. I drink one every day for breakfast and have had no issues other then the first week. To answer your other question I have never felt hungry after drinking Shakeology. Even when I did the Shakeology cleanse I was not hungry after drinking it.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Just a reminder Beachbody coaches - promoting your own site or offering discounts would be considered an ad, and ads are not allowed on the forums. As you can imagine, we have a lot of beachbody coaches on the site who would also like to promote their products to our members, so to prevent the forums from becoming flooded with ads, we do not allow ads on the forums.

You're free to talk about Beachbody products, both pros and cons, but please make sure to do so in a way where you are not trying to financially benefit, i.e. by promoting your own site, offering discounts through your links, "message me if you have questions", etc.

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you're all enjoying the site.

Mike,

I completely understand what you are saying. However if the best way to answer someones question is to send them to a website I don't see a problem. With that said I will respect your wishes, just hopefully it is equal justice, because I see many links in signatures around these boards.

Also you do realize that every other ad on the side and top of the page is for P90X, a Beachbody product. Just saying....

All the best,
    Stu
  • Mike
    Options
    Mike,

I completely understand what you are saying. However if the best way to answer someones question is to send them to a website I don't see a problem. With that said I will respect your wishes, just hopefully it is equal justice, because I see many links in signatures around these boards.

Also you do realize that every other ad on the side and top of the page is for P90X, a Beachbody product. Just saying....

All the best,
    Stu

It's a problem if you are financially compensated when people visit that website. If you want to link to the main beachbody site to answer someone's question, that's fine. But if you are going to link to your own beachbody coaching site where you might get paid, then we have a problem with that. We don't want people to be posting about Beachbody products or services because they think they might make money from doing so. If you want to talk about it because you really love the product, that is totally fine, but we want to remove any incentives for doing so other than truly believing the product is great.

We are planning on cracking down on the links to coaching sites in signatures also.

Overall, we want to make sure the forums remain a valued resource where members can participate in great discussions about health, fitness, and life in general without feeling like someone is trying to sell them something. We know a lot of people love Beachbody products, and we're not against them by any means - we just want to make sure people are advocating them for the right reasons and in a manner that members will feel comfortable with.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Mike,

All the best,
    Stu

It's a problem if you are financially compensated when people visit that website. If you want to link to the main beachbody site to answer someone's question, that's fine. But if you are going to link to your own beachbody coaching site where you might get paid, then we have a problem with that. We don't want people to be posting about Beachbody products or services because they think they might make money from doing so. If you want to talk about it because you really love the product, that is totally fine, but we want to remove any incentives for doing so other than truly believing the product is great.

We are planning on cracking down on the links to coaching sites in signatures also.

Overall, we want to make sure the forums remain a valued resource where members can participate in great discussions about health, fitness, and life in general without feeling like someone is trying to sell them something. We know a lot of people love Beachbody products, and we're not against them by any means - we just want to make sure people are advocating them for the right reasons and in a manner that members will feel comfortable with.

Fair enough. I do agree there are Coaches on here who are posting for the wrong reason. I hope you don't think that I am one of them. If so, I apologize. I love Beachbody's products and would promote them even if I wasn't a coach and I didn't make money. They have helped to save my life, so I feel obligated to share my experiences so that I can help others. I respect you for coming on here and at least explaining yourself. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Stu
  • Mike
    Options
    Fair enough. I do agree there are Coaches on here who are posting for the wrong reason. I hope you don't think that I am one of them. If so, I apologize. I love Beachbody's products and would promote them even if I wasn't a coach and I didn't make money. They have helped to save my life, so I feel obligated to share my experiences so that I can help others. I respect you for coming on here and at least explaining yourself. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Stu

Stu - I don't mean to single you out by any means. There just have been a lot of posts lately promoting Beachbody products for financial gain, and we just want to make sure all the coaches out there are aware of our policy. If my post came across as pointing the finger at you, I didn't mean it that way and I apologize.

I also want to make crystal clear that I'm not saying that you should stop talking about Beachbody products. If you feel they helped you, then by all means, keep talking about them! That's what the forums are for: to share ideas and information with other members so that we can all reach our goals. Just make sure that you don't talk about them in a way where you might financially benefit, i.e. by pushing people to visit your beachbody coaching site, "message me for more information/discounts", etc.

Hope that helps clarify things. And hope you're enjoying the site.
  • mhig011975
    Options
    I'm using Shakeology and I have not had any "bathroom" incidents. I make a shake once a day. And it's nothing like a protein shake. It is expensive, but worth every penny!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm using Shakeology and I have not had any "bathroom" incidents. I make a shake once a day. And it's nothing like a protein shake. It is expensive, but worth every penny!

fantastic 11 month bump!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I replaced my afternoon Starbucks with Shakeology (which makes the price Cheaper since my beverage of choice was $*mumbling under breath*) It helped keep me happy and energized through dinner with no problems.

Since some days I'm really busy in the afternoon, it's really convenient to grab my blender bottle, add water, add mix, and GO!

For the most part, I eat pretty well, so no "bathroom consequences" for me, just business as usual. (:laugh: at my own joke, lol)
  • ErinEB77
    Options
    Arbonne has some amazing, filling, gluten free, whey free, certified vegan shakes, with all the protein you need. I also have recipes for shakes you can make with the powders. They are $59 and 30 servings each. I'd be happy to talk with you more or answer any questions you may have. You can see more about these products and the entire fitness line at www.arbonne.com. I am a consultant by that is not my personal page. If you would like access to that I'd be happy to send it to you.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Cons - It TASTES HORRIBLE...