On the go breakfast

Options
I need some ideas on what would be good for a on the go breakfast. I don't have time in the am to make anything, so I usually grab a Little Debbie or 2 on my way out of the door. After looking at the back of the box this morning I figure I better find an alternative.

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You could try a low glycemic index protein bar, fruit and cheese, yogurt, a pre-made shake, a shake you make yourself (with yogurt, egg whites, protein powder, fruit, and water), or instant oatmeal.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My two favorite on the go breakfasts are:

- English muffin breakfast sandwich (Egg beaters/soy sausage/turkey sausage, cheese, whatever veggies you want...on an whole wheat English muffin!)

- Protein shake (I am drinking one this morning that is like a chocolate peanut butter cup - vanilla protein powder, cocoa powder, skim milk, peanut butter and ice. I also like one with skim milk, protein powder, mixed berries and half a banana.)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a protein breakfast bar. Love the peanut butter and chocolate Special K bar but it is a bit high in sugar. Fruit is always an easy option. Like bananas? Also, if you have 2 minutes you can pop a low cal breakfast pocket (lean pockets) in the microwave and eat it on the go.
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    I make a smoothie most mornings and have it in the car - frozen berries, almond milk, fat free greek yogurt and a little bit of sugar, agave nector, or honey. Only takes a minute to make!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in melted peanut butter (1 TBS)
  • happy115
    Options
    I prepare it the night before and have it in the car before I get into work. 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup diced pineapples with 1 boiled egg.
  • Jdolan25
    Options
    i make oatmeal pancakes at night. its just .5 cups oats with 2 egg whites(you can also add nutmeg, cinnamin, or vanilla) then I mix and put on the stove just like a pancake. In the morning i just pop it in the microwave for a minute so its warm and put some PB on top.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just this past week I have discovered KIND bars. They are all natural, gluten/wheat free, low glycemic index level (47), good source of fiber, non GMO, no Trans fats, and diary free (that's what the wrapper says). The one I had yesterday had 5 grams of fiber and really held me over for a few hours. But if you wanted something a little more; grab a container of greek yogurt...that would be a perfect on-the-go breakfast...including everything from each food group.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great ideas!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    i make oatmeal pancakes at night. its just .5 cups oats with 2 egg whites(you can also add nutmeg, cinnamin, or vanilla) then I mix and put on the stove just like a pancake. In the morning i just pop it in the microwave for a minute so its warm and put some PB on top.

That's sounds so good and easy...two of my favorite things. :smile: