Juicing, cleanses and crash diets OH MY!

Options
usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
Inspired by conversations between long standing MFP members with great success stories.

We have ALL been there. 20, 50, 150 pounds overweight and wishing we could drop it all yesterday. Most of us have tried some sort of crash diet/cleanse/fast/pill/shake/etc.

Over the years we've come to realize that small changes lead to bigger ones. We see that putting effort into new things is easier than breaking the bad habits. We also know that it just isn't going to happen overnight. The results are actually more satisfying in 6 months than they are in 6 weeks. Why is that? You learn to love the process and you don't spend the entire time feeling weak and hungry.

Many of us have volunteered to answer questions or help guide you towards success with the least pain possible. Check out what we have to say and send one or two of us a message:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread

If you are a do-it-yourself kind of person there is a great guide here for that:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

There is more than one way to go about losing fat and each of us will find slightly different things that work for us. In the end you don't have to suffer to look good. I know I used to think that when I started out.

Edit to add: They say pictures are worth 1,000 words.
IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Amen, sister! :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Just trying to help. Feel like I'm banging my head on a wall sometimes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

We'll have to keep it moving. I'm just quoting, because awesome. :heart:
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I asked that it be moved to a different area of the forum that fits it better. Went a different direction with it than I had planned.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I love all your posts and I must say you look amazing!! hard work, patience and determination DO pay off:flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Inspired by conversations between long standing MFP members with great success stories.

We have ALL been there. 20, 50, 150 pounds overweight and wishing we could drop it all yesterday. Most of us have tried some sort of crash diet/cleanse/fast/pill/shake/etc.

Over the years we've come to realize that small changes lead to bigger ones. We see that putting effort into new things is easier than breaking the bad habits. We also know that it just isn't going to happen overnight. The results are actually more satisfying in 6 months than they are in 6 weeks. Why is that? You learn to love the process and you don't spend the entire time feeling weak and hungry.

Many of us have volunteered to answer questions or help guide you towards success with the least pain possible. Check out what we have to say and send one or two of us a message:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread

If you are a do-it-yourself kind of person there is a great guide here for that:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

There is more than one way to go about losing fat and each of us will find slightly different things that work for us. In the end you don't have to suffer to look good. I know I used to think that when I started out.

what cleanse did you do to get these results???? bahahahahahahahahaha
  • usmcmp
    Options

:tongue: It's called the lift heavy and fuel my body cleanse. Consisted of 5 days of heavy lifting every week and eating at least 1800 calories. :wink:
  • ndj1979
    Options

:tongue: It's called the lift heavy and fuel my body cleanse. Consisted of 5 days of heavy lifting every week and eating at least 1800 calories. :wink:

is that like a master cleanse?
  • usmcmp
    Options

No. That one involves only drinking lemon juice and cayenne pepper water for a few miserable weeks, then gaining it all back a few days later.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Despite my wanting to chime in on ndj's comments and add to the fun, I will keep it clean. Looking good and I hope others will follow your advice!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! thats all I got,,your stunning!!!
  • DIFM88
    DIFM88 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thats an amazing transformation! Well done.

And thanks for the links, I will have a look at them!

xxx
  • ndj1979
    Options

No. That one involves only drinking lemon juice and cayenne pepper water for a few miserable weeks, then gaining it all back a few days later.

you look great girl...keep shredding it!!!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    This should be required reading for every noob.
  • amka_2015
    amka_2015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I hope to have my very own before and after pictures by the end of this year :)