For those lacking motivation...

Options
I'm sure there are people out there like me who sometimes get down about the fact that they aren't losing weight as quickly as they would like.

I've lost 16lbs in the past 5 months, but haven't dropped a dress size and still don't really see a difference.

Anyway - at the gym this week, I lifted a 7kg weight (approximately equal to my weight loss) and I couldn't believe how heavy it felt to lift!

So, if you feel disheartened about not having lost as much as you'd like - try lifting something equivalent to your weight loss so far - and then realise how much better off you must be for not carrying that around all the time :smile:

C

Replies

• dudleyvic
    Options
    Great idea!
  • willoart
    Options
    wow that is a grate idea
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    EXCELLENT point. A lovely exercise to remind you of what's important. Not the dress size, but the health benefits. Thank you!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! :) I never thought of that before...makes perfect sense! :) I have lost 22lbs...that would be A LOT to carry around on a weight...thanks for putting it in perspective! :)
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! I never really thought about that before
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I am a big advocate of visual, physical, motivation. In the beginning of my journey, when i was in the grocery store, I'd pick up bags of sugar and even with just a 5 lb bag, it puts things in perspective. It was very exciting to me when I hit 75 lbs lost because that's how much my dog weighs and I'd run around saying I'd lost my dog (lol). I'm not going to even try 103 lbs!! :noway: :laugh:
  • jean51
    jean51 Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow thanks I never thought of that before. I don't know as though I could hold that weight for very long. :happy:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea!!! I do Chalene Extreme and I can lift 30s on some things and those are heavy I can't imagine trying to lift 47lbs!!!!! And yet I did it everyday for years!!!!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I am a big advocate of visual, physical, motivation. In the beginning of my journey, when i was in the grocery store, I'd pick up bags of sugar and even with just a 5 lb bag, it puts things in perspective. It was very exciting to me when I hit 75 lbs lost because that's how much my dog weighs and I'd run around saying I'd lost my dog (lol). I'm not going to even try 103 lbs!! :noway: :laugh:

wow! that is an amazing loss! But yes - don't try to lift that!!! :laugh: