uneducated person NEEDS advice

Options
So on Saturday I worked out for about 30 mins in shorts, no gloves, no beanie and a thin sweat shirt. So I've been sore from my knees up to the end of my thighs and when i came back from my workout i felt stubbly and my legs felt numb. My heart rate was 190 BPM resting 45 mins after my workout, and i had blurred vision. And I'm kinda worried. Should i dress warmer during my workouts because this never happened before and today's my next workout day! Help!! Btw i live in Seattle Washington so our temperatures outside are around 30-40

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Did you consult with your doctor before you started working out? A heart rate of 190 BPM after resting for 45 minutes sounds extremely dangerous to me.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor and get clearance as these side effects do not sound very good. You probably have high blood pressure to begin with and you may need to ease your way into this...
  • wfcdd23jordan
    Options
    That's why I'm so confused because i don't have high or low blood pressure i got checked up before i started this weightloss and i was okay the doctor was actually surprised because i had no problems but I'm gonna talk to my doc soon bc this isn't normal
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    when was the last time you ate or drank water?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You may have been cleared to exercise, but that doesn't sound right at all. I'd talk to your doctor about it and if it happens again I'd go to urgent care immediately.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Well, your pulse should go up considerably, if you're not accustomed to exercise, BUT that does sound really high. Your doctor should be able to give you a healthy pulse rate range to shoot for when exercising.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't want to panic you but if your heart rate is ever 195 there is a problem - you shouldn't even get it this high when you are exercising. You need to go see your doctor.
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Any chance you are dehydrated?
  • wfcdd23jordan
    Options
    On that day which was Saturday i didnt drink water while working out. I never being water with me and i think before working out that dayi had about 400 calpries and it was about 4oclock
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well, your pulse should go up considerably, if you're not accustomed to exercise, BUT that does sound really high. Your doctor should be able to give you a healthy pulse rate range to shoot for when exercising.

Of course it goes up when exercising, it's the190 BPM RESTING heart rate 45 minutes after her workout that's not right.

OP - I wouldn't screw around with this. Get yourself checked out by a Dr.
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but barring an underlying medical issue that you say you don't have, you ate and drank nowhere near enough.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    . My heart rate was 190 BPM resting 45 mins after my workout, and i had blurred vision.

It's called tachycardia. Read through this article on it -
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tachycardia/basics/symptoms/con-20043012

Yes, dress warm enough so that you're not cold.
  • wfcdd23jordan
    Options
    I knew it was something related to the cold
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose isn't a doctor...

You had only eaten 400 calories by 4pm? You're doing this wrong... Get back with your doctor and take care of yourself.

This is supposed to make you better, not run you into the ground.

Great book to get you on track, New Rules of Lifting for Women. You can thank me later, as in, after you've consulted your doctor again and read this book :wink:
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose isn't a doctor...

You had only eaten 400 calories by 4pm? You're doing this wrong... Get back with your doctor and take care of yourself.

This is supposed to make you better, not run you into the ground.

Great book to get you on track, New Rules of Lifting for Women. You can thank me later, as in, after you've consulted your doctor again and read this book :wink:

^^this, this and this! +1
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I knew it was something related to the cold

Read the entire article i posted that explains about fast heart rates. Among other things, it says when to seek emergency care instead of waiting to go to a regular doctor.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Ooof, this thread is a bit chilling.