POLAR FT4: How often do you have to wet the electrodes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emagineer
    Options
    i wet before i put it on also.. i dont re-wet.. i believe i have a 4? lol maybe you should ask someone else...

2nd polar question!!!

where exactly do the ladies put the strap... right under the left boob... the heart area? or directly in the middle of the chest? also, do you put it under your bra, or directly underneath it? When I first put it on the other day my HR was saying it was 199 and i barely got out of my car to start walking, by the time i got going it seemed to be normal.

Under, just like how it is pictured in the manual :)
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I actually sold mine on ebay. it worked great for 2 months, then it would not hold a HR for the entire work out. it would get so annoying id be in the middle of a set and see it was at 00. i bought a new strap, i bought new batteries, i cleaned it and tried everything. it was a huge disappointed. i guess for me anything that has to be contstantly monitored to see if it works just isnt for me. i want to focus on my work out not my monitor. jm2c.
  • Emagineer
    Options
    I have an FT4 but I use ultrasound gel and it works like a dream. I put mine on before I leave home and it dries out if I only use water before I get to class.

Thanks, will give it a try!
  • Emagineer
    Options
    I actually sold mine on ebay. it worked great for 2 months, then it would not hold a HR for the entire work out. it would get so annoying id be in the middle of a set and see it was at 00. i bought a new strap, i bought new batteries, i cleaned it and tried everything. it was a huge disappointed. i guess for me anything that has to be contstantly monitored to see if it works just isnt for me. i want to focus on my work out not my monitor. jm2c.

Same thing happened to me while doing my Insanity workout. Polar suggested me to make the strap tighter- will see tomorrow if that works.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wet the electrodes/chest strap right before each workout.

Same. Right before each workout, I went the strap. I did have some complications a couple times. The watch told me to check my transmitter, so I had to restart the whole thing. But since I realized I had it for awhile, I ended up changing the battery and that did the trick.

I have two Polar FT7's. The reason why I have two is just because they came out with a new dark blue/lilac color, and I found it so pretty, so it was a holiday gift to myself.

I love my Polar FT7! I NEVER workout without having it on. It's been a gigantic help to know how many calories I am burning in order to know how many to consume. ***I have purchased my HRM through www.heartratemonitorsusa.com and I always use a coupon code from retailmenot.com.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I never washed mine when I had one and I would lick the electrodes every time. So salty!
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If you're in the middle of a walk and you find your heartrate isn't showing any more, you can remoisten the band using your finger under your band. Water or spit even.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have never had to with my FT4. If it loses your HR you should, but I have never had that problem, unlike some of the other HRMs I have had.
  • boymom75
    Options
    Yikes! I haven't been wetting mine before each workout, is that bad? it seems to read fine?