Listening to books while on the treadmill

Options
Has anyone ever listened to books while walking on the treadmill... does it keep you motivated enough? I haven't listened to any books yet, but I love reading, and I can't read and walk on the treadmill at the same time, so I thought about listening to them.
Any feedback? Thanks-

Replies

• ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes, I listen to audiobooks when I'm on the treadmill, cycle and elliptical (but not rowing, can't seem to concentrate when I'm rowing. )I also download TV programmes to watch on my ipad. It makes a change from tunes :-)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I watch netflix on the stair master all the time- I would absolutely listen to a book on tape if i had one.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Sure thing. And played computer games, watched movies, worked, used the Zombies, Run! app... Anything to make the time go by faster.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I read and walk on the treadmill whenever im injured.
    Did it this AM in fact.
    4.0-4.2mph plus a 2%+ incline with a book makes in bearable.

Listening to a book isnt too different from listening to music
  • ammorley208
    ammorley208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love listening to audiobooks while running. I was feeling bad because I wasn't reading enough for my liking because of the running but with those, I can do both. It's wonderful!
  • Alicue21
    Alicue21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not walking on a treadmill, not a huge fan of them, but I do listen to books while walking. I find it passes the time much quicker and will even go further to finish a good part of the book. I also listen to music but I find books are more entertaining - especially re-listening to books I've read. Right now, I'm re-reading all of the A Song of Fire and Ice books and loving my walks.
  • Paisleypatchouli
    Options
    I haven't listened to an audiobook per se, but I'll find an interview or documentary on YouTube and listen to that. It definitely makes the time go by faster!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have listened to books while on the eliptical. Machines, to me, tend to be fairly boring. So, anything I like things to take my mind off the monotony. Music and audobooks do that nicely.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I also listen to music but I find books are more entertaining - especially re-listening to books I've read.

I find that if I listen to books I walk slower, if I have music on, I walk/shuffle along to the music, so faster for faster songs. I make sure my playlist has more fast songs on it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I do this when I'm outside and I enjoy it a lot. On the treadmill though I typically go for something on TV. Try it and see how it goes.
  • bjcfatty
    Options
    I listen to books and play games on my kindle. The books alone are ok, but when I started playing solitaire,
    the time flew by.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yep! Podcasts are great too!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I hate the treadmill and listening to audio books or music help pass the time. (I prefer to run outside but not in this weather!)