Turning 40

Options
I'm looking to friend other 39-year-olds who are looking to get in shape for their 40th birthday. I turn 40 in April--coming up fast--and I'm hoping to lose 20-25 lbs (which I'm not even sure is realistic or not) and be able to run a 5k again.

Thanks,
Margaret

Replies

• timmer74
    timmer74 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hit the big number in December....... Whether you make it for the big day isn't as important as your decision to get there for the long haul. :). Sounds doable with some hard (but smart) work.

All the best in your journey! :)
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in June. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Lets motivate each other!
  • Richard_101
    Options
    Same here
    I turned 40 in December and want to drop 36 pounds with a big chunk of this before summer.
    Im off to a good start considering I started on 01/01. Im doing it for the kids so I find if Im craving I just think of them and it gets me past it.

Keep going and it'll drop off.
  • nutmeg3711
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, folks! I'm new to MFP, but I'm pretty impressed so far. Journaling my food is quite the eye opener!

Best,
    Margaret
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Turning 40 next November. Since everyone says it's so hard to lose weight after 40, I'm hoping to get it done by then so then all I will have to do is maintain. Mostly looking to reduce body fat to 20% (from 25%). I'm pretty much skinny fat. No muscle tone, no strength or endurance.

I'm also looking to run faster. Have run a 1/2 marathon but pretty slowly. Goal for this year is 5K under 28 minutes, 10k under one hour.

Looking for friends with similar goals!
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in March. I have a little I want to lose (10-15# range)by then. I'm working to build up some lost strength in the process.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 next month! Honestly, that's not really what motivated me. (I was just tired of being a fat @$$.) But being able to say I got a handle on my health before turning 40 is certainly a bonus!
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Turne 40 in Oct.. it is really a crazy ######## I am oing good though anyone can add me .. I am Friging old LOllllllllllllllllll
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    I'll be 40 on Sunday. All are welcome to add me. You're not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 on Sunday. All are welcome to add me. You're not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Quote of the day, right there.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I am older, turned 40 last June but decided a couple months after to get in shape and lose weight for among other reasons because I figured it would only get harder from 40 onwards. It wasn't very hard I can now say. Good for you for setting your goal. If you want an "older" friend anyone can add me. :)