Can't quite get back into it after Xmas. Help :(

Options
Hey guys, was ill over Xmas and didn't eat anything. So 27th till 1st I ate what I wanted. Gained about 4 lbs no big deal. But now I'm doing what I used to. Good all day then night shift starts and I eat crap at work. Doesn't help im a chef! I've been doing 5x5 which I started last week which I feel great about. Just don't know whey I can behave all day even when feeling hungry but then at night it's like I turn into a starved animal or something lol. Anyone else the same? Or some tips would be cool.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Prelogging helps some people stay on track. And/or save some calories for after-dinner snacking.

Opening your diary will allow people to give you specific feedback.
  • thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for reply, I do save some cals for after dinner but I work till 4 am and try not to consume any after 8pm. Diary is now open. I'm not even hungry it's cause im bored
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. It makes no difference what time of day (or night) you eat.

Not eating after 8 p.m. isn't working for you. It's making you binge.

Edited to add that if you're eating b/c you're bored, try brushing your teeth. Your mouth will feel so minty fresh you won't want to "ruin" it w/ mindless eating.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Okay, I always think if I eat past midnight im eating into next day? Anyways probs great advice. Will definitely try the teeth brushing as I am really out off food once cleaned :). Thanks for help
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    self control, drink more water and eat before you work
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Yeah I guess so, I also think it's beginning of Jan and there is so much bad stuff left over from xmas. Hard to say no when u want it gone. But it's all about mindset with me. I get into it and do really well for a while and then 1 bad day and I go like this for a while. So frustrating
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Don't let one "bad" day derail you. Look at your nutrition over the past 7 days, not just today. See the big picture. You don't have to be perfect all the time. Sometimes, good enough is good enough.

IIFYM (if it fits your macros) means you can eat anything in moderation. Anything. You lose weight by eating at a moderate deficit over a long period of time. There are no "bad" foods. Deprivation just sets you up to binge.