How much WATER do you drink and what color is your URINE?

Options
Now I know there's a bunch of different theories about how much water we should all drink, some say 8 cups per day, some say it's 50% of your ounces in water per day, loads of different theories.

I drink 1 gallon per day which helps flush out any Uric acid from my bloodstream that cause Uric crystals to form and Bam, another Gout attack.

the only reason I ask is, and as you probably figured this part out is going to the toilet every 1-2 hours really get's old. What is your body weight and intake, and does it keep you hydrated and energized?

No input is bad input.

Replies

• alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 200 lbs and I drink about 2 gallons a day. My urine is always clear.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I drink between a gallon or 2 a day depends on my activity for the day
  • bermequeen
    bermequeen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm working on 9 glasses a day on average. Some days more some days a little less but I aim for 9. As far as my urine, it's clear. I know how you feel witht the restroom, but I am a teacher so I just can't get up and go whenever I feel the urge and when I do i have to take 26 little angles along with me. It gets old but my back feels so much better. For a while there I swear I was bathing in soda...
  • snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I average 3-5 liters a day. Can be more when I work out or am out in warm weather.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't drink enuf at all.. like maybe 4 cups a day at the most.. i need more.. but I still go every hour at least ;( five kids will do that to you... no muscle tone. kegals kegals kegals
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I drink between 48-60 oz of plain water and will have around 24 oz. of other various liquids (coffee, diet soda, tea). Body weight is 197 lbs, and that amount keeps me hydrated and energized into the evening. Most of it's consumed between 10am and 4pm, so morning I tend to be dehydrated and blah/lethargic. I could probably drink more, but not a huge fan of plain water, and get sick of crystal light/tea/coffee etc after awhile.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    mine is color HOT and i drink alot.... sometimes evan water
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    84 oz a day .. and mostly clear.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" 204 lb and I drink around ten 8 oz servings of water each day.

In addition, 10 oz of coffee and/or hot tea every day.

oh and 12 oz of diet soda 2 or 3 days per week.

I seem to be well hydrated and my urine's clear or nearly.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I drink around 7 litres. My pee is usually clear unless it's my first pee of the day or I haven't gone in a couple hours. I must be so used to going pee every 30 minutes that it doesn't bother me to go that often. On the flip side, I can hold it for several hours when travelling.

ETA: Water doesn't energize me.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 171 lbs, I drink an average of 10 cups a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. My urine is always pale yellow or clear.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I drink about 100 ounces a day and my urine is always clear. Sometimes I drink more or less but I try to stay at 100 ounces.
  • lolmynameiskate
    Options
    5'6 122 pounds.
    1180mL of water a day. My urine is still yellow, but its due to the vitamins I have to take and also some things that aren't suppose to be in urine. I also don't get the urge to pee a lot, I go twice a day on a good day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't track water. I just drink enough to keep hydrated.
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    the only reason I ask is, and as you probably figured this part out is going to the toilet every 1-2 hours really get's old.

I probably take in about 100 ounces a day. Urine is clear, and if you think peeing every 1-2 hours, try every 30-45 minutes. :grumble:
  • EvetteGolde
    Options
    Up until now, literally none. I 'hydrated' myself on soda and coffee.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I drink about 12 - 15 glasses a day and I'm all clear! When I first got I to the habit of drinking more water, I had to pee all the time and woke up a lot to go. After about three or four weeks my body got used to it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    How much URINE do you drink and what color is your WATER?
  • bluezblaze
    bluezblaze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your urine should be clear. I drink as much water a day to make sure that it's always that color. Today I drank 60 ounces.:happy:
  • rmellinger17
    rmellinger17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't drink enough water or should I say I hardly drink water. Im working on changing this! I drink a lot of coffee from morning to noon about 32 ounces plus other fluids.

Im aiming for 8-10 glasses of water a day at 8 ounces each. I made it half way to my goal today and drank much less coffee!