Heart rate monitors? Which ones are recommended?

Options
I am looking at getting a heart rate monitor. Im currently using my husband's Garmin, but I need to get my own. I don't need GPS. Thanks!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am looking at getting a heart rate monitor. Im currently using my husband's Garmin, but I need to get my own. I don't need GPS. Thanks!

Anything Polar makes is gold. You can get anything, but just make sure it has a chest strap. Those are going to be more accurate.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    bump Looking to buy one too
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4. I love it. Aside from my kitchen scale, best investment ever.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Polar FT4. You can get them on Amazon pretty cheap ($60 ish range). I LOVED mine, but just upgraded to a Garmin since I run. :) Polar FT4 is super easy to use and does have a chest strap.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    love my polar ft4. never work out without it. easy to see, use and i forget the strap is on. around 60$ from amazon.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 recently and love it. The watch isn't bulky like some so you could wear it during the day if you want! It's really nice to be able to consistently watch your HR zones you are in while you're working out. Hiiiighly suggest any Polar product!
  • kimmiess1978
    Options
    Thanks all! I think Polar it is! Now to wait til payday!
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7! I just got it and love it!!!!
  • stacydawn75
    Options
    My husband got me a polar ft4 for Christmas. I LOVE it. I didn't know how much I needed one until I had it. Now I kind of think everyone serious about a healthier lifestyle should use one.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend considering a Bluetooth HRM strap and using your smartphone. Mostly because then you have automatic syncing with a ton of fitness apps and lots of realtime info available via the phone. A watch is more convenient to look at, but with all the phone apps the Bluetooth setup is more flexible.

I lost my old Bluetooth HRM (Zephyr HxM - worked well) so I just ordered one from MapMyFitness. Theirs is $50 on sale right now with one year of VIP membership included and there was a 15% coupon code online that made it less than $50 delivered. Hope to have it by the end of the week.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MY POLAR PINK FT4 HAVE HEARD TONS OF GREAT STUFF ON POLARS... I USED 2 CHEAPER BRANDS FROM TARGET AND BOTH DIDNT REALLY WORK.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT7. A chest strap is essential, in my opinion.