Just a few to lose?

Options
Hi everyone! I am only 18 and weigh 148 at 5'7. I want to be around 130-135 because that's where my body is naturally suited for. I've been tracking for almost 60 days now and I've gone from 155 to 148 and feel a lot better. I am doing it slowly but that's because I want to keep it off. I want to get to 135 by April and was wondering if I should stick to what I've been doing or changing it up. Here's what I do:

Eat a net of 1300 and I eat all of my exercise calories back because they are the correct numbers. I exercise 6 days a week: 3 days cardio only, 3 days strength + cardio. For cardio, I do elliptical, run, stair climb, bike for a minimum of 40 min. on cardio days and 15 min. on strength days. I switch up muscle group pairings weekly and spend about 35 min. strength training. If I can't get to the gym, I just do 30 day shred and yoga no matter if it's a strength day or cardio day.

I do have a problem, however: I like to eat fruit at night... like late at night. I get super hungry at 12 or 1 bc I stay up really late doing schoolwork and tend to reach for apples and grapes.

Thanks!

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    You've lost 7 pounds in a little under 60 days, which works out to a bit less than a pound a week. Now you want to lose another 13 pounds in less than 90 days, which works out to a bit more than a pound a week. It's unlikely that your weight loss rate will increase with the same regimen, especially if your previous loss included some water weight loss, as often happens with a change in eating.

However, you're losing at a healthy rate. Why would you want to change what's working? What's the big hurry? You're already a healthy weight. No point in racing to lose those last few pounds.
  • im2lexi4myshirt
    Options
    Yeah, I guess I shouldn't fix what's not broken. I'm happy to be losing any weight at all actually. I just have a vacation in April but honestly if I am still a higher weight but look good, then I really don't care about the scale. Thanks!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with apples or grapes but realize that even they have calories, right? Even eating too much healthy stuff can make you over calories. I tend to avoid grapes mostly because they have one of the highest sugar contents of any fruit..but that is just my own personal preference. I agree with the others, strength training to recomp..you will be fine! :)