Drinks!

Options
How do you resist the temptation to have more than a couple drinks when out with friends? Even the lightest drinks eat up my calories!

Any suggestions on light drinks are always welcome too...:smile:

Replies

• aliciamille
    Options
    I like to think of it this way...the more weight you lose, the less booze it takes to make you feel good :)

I'm a complete lightweight now when it comes to booze, so what I do for a night out with friends is have one shot and one beer. A shot of whiskey is like 45 calories and a light beer is like 150 calories (depending on the beer). I take the shot to get myself feeling good then I nurse the beer pretty much all night. You just have to train yourself to make 1 drink last longer than in your former CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME days.

You're not drunk because you haven't consumed a lot of booze, but you feel a little buzz because of the shot. I don't know, it's just a little system that works for me :happy:
  • danmullen
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic, 56 calories per glass :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    vodka and water - then put one of the crystaly light packets in it.
    My GF's use to drink that all the time.
    I think they used the fruit punch packets.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I drink red wine. It's not something you can just gulp down. I can make one glass last a really long time.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    MGD 64 OR BUD SELECT 55 BEERS, LOW CAL. WON'T EAT UP CALORIES.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Molson 67 – 67 calorie beer. It’s Canadian so you know even this low-cal option tastes better than the manufactured water ahem I mean “beer” they make in the US.

Jokes, don't be hating on my country's ability to brew beer better ;)

If you don’t like beer then try vodka or rum with diet pop.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda with a lime it great. If you must have flavor, you can drink vodka diet. You'll find the more weight you lose, the less drinks it takes to get that buzz... e.g I used to have to be at least 3 drinks deep before I felt anything; I had one vodka soda the other night and felt a nice buzz. :)
  • lefrance12
    Options
    1800.... shot, shot, shot shot shot shot!!! 69 calories a pop and a buzz lol!!!:drinker:
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Awesome tips...thanks!
  • james3302
    Options
    Bacardi 151 and some sort of juice. Not sure on the calories, but it will not take many to do the job, maybe one or two of those.