I know I can make burgers or a bolgnaise but looking for something different

I like most foods and spicy food to

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated x

Replies

• laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/thai-coconut-soup-turkey-meatballs

Check that out, ive seen it made on tv and it looks amazing!! especially if you like spicy food. x
  • Spikett
    Spikett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is great and you can make it as spicy as you want

http://www.leanonturkey.co.uk/turkey-chilli-con-carne-.aspx
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    burger but with lots of herbs and a little low fat feta mixed in, then, once cooked, topped with tzatziki (spelling? ) , some mint, maybe a pepper or two- on a pita or not (to save calories, and at any rate the small ones have less calories than a hamburger bun or roll) - I serve mine with a bit of salad and sometime wrap the burger in lettuce leaves instead of the pita
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    An easy one is Turkey mince chilli. Cook an onion, add the mince, add tomato puree and add half a sachet of fajita mix. Have it with rice, its gorgeous!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i vote chilli... i find turkey mince a bit bland so it needs something with lots of flavour with it!
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Think I will make the chilli with taco's

Thanks everyone
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    burger but with lots of herbs and a little low fat feta mixed in, then, once cooked, topped with tzatziki (spelling? ) , some mint, maybe a pepper or two- on a pita or not (to save calories, and at any rate the small ones have less calories than a hamburger bun or roll) - I serve mine with a bit of salad and sometime wrap the burger in lettuce leaves instead of the pita

Mmm dinner idea. :drinker:
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This chilli recipe is amazing - it very quickly became one of mine and my husband's absolute favourites:

http://www.snixykitchen.com/2012/09/19/healthy-turkey-and-veggie-chili/

We had to cut down the amount of chilli powder by about half for our tastes but it depends how hot you like your chilli! It covers pretty much all the bases - lots of protein and colourful veg too. It does make a lot - we get about 10 servings out of it and when I entered it into MFP it came out at about 190 calories per serving.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'd vote for burgers - make the mix with a goodly spoonful of lemon juice and a few teaspoons of thyme leaves for flavour. Also ridiculously low in calories for what you're getting.

Otherwise, Thai curry? With the turkey, thai curry paste (red, green or yellow), add lots of stirfry veg and coconut milk. Delicious!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I also make an awesome chilli using turkey breast mince :-

Ingredients
    500g turkey breast mince
    1 onion
    1 Red pepper
    1 garlic clove
    1 tsp chilli powder (or add more depending on how spicy you like it!)
    1 tbsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp paprika
    1 tin chopped tomatoe's
    1 tbsp tomato puree

Method
    Brown your turkey mince, add the onion, pepper & garlic & cook for a few minutes until soft.
    Add your spices & mix & leave to cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes
    Add your tomato puree & tinned tomatoes & stir
    Cover with a lid & cook on a low heat for around 60 mins (take the lid off 20 mins before serving to thicken if watery. Add a little more puree if required)
    Serve with wholegrain rice.

Yummy!!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that you can add diced sweet potato to the recipe too which is delicious & serve on its own instead of with rice!
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Turkey mince makes really good meatballs. I just add cumin, chilli a bit of coriander and egg white to bind the mince. Roll into meatball shapes and fry in a tiny bit of olive oil.

I have them with a basic spicy tomato sauce and courgette spaghetti topped with feta cheese (any excuse for cheese)
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hi thanks, really fancy spicy turkey burgers have not had them for ages, everyone mentioned chilli, i have also used swartz hot chilli powder, either quorn or turkey mince loads of vegs very quick and easy, turkey meatballs with a spicy tomato sauce (tinned toms with onions, chilli garlic, herb) i even one hungry desparate day has some turkey mince left over but not much else, browned it dry and mixed in onions and mushroom and peppers, then added it to lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, obviously chilli and garlic and made like a warm salad, sorry it sounds awful but it tasted really good well i thought so anyway!!!!!
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Turkey mince makes really good meatballs. I just add cumin, chilli a bit of coriander and egg white to bind the mince. Roll into meatball shapes and fry in a tiny bit of olive oil.

I have them with a basic spicy tomato sauce and courgette spaghetti topped with feta cheese (any excuse for cheese)

This is exactly how I like to cook turkey mince! Meatballs!

I more or less use the same ingredients aswell; chilli, cumin, smoked paprika and I also add in a little feta with some egg to bind. Fry in olive oil and servce with tomato sauce and spaghetti topped with more feta cheese :)

Yumm!
  • LeboneM
    Options
    Hi!

I also make an awesome chilli using turkey breast mince :-

Ingredients
    500g turkey breast mince
    1 onion
    1 Red pepper
    1 garlic clove
    1 tsp chilli powder (or add more depending on how spicy you like it!)
    1 tbsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp paprika
    1 tin chopped tomatoe's
    1 tbsp tomato puree

Method
    Brown your turkey mince, add the onion, pepper & garlic & cook for a few minutes until soft.
    Add your spices & mix & leave to cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes
    Add your tomato puree & tinned tomatoes & stir
    Cover with a lid & cook on a low heat for around 60 mins (take the lid off 20 mins before serving to thicken if watery. Add a little more puree if required)
    Serve with wholegrain rice.

Yummy!!

I also add some fresh green chillies to the recipe above...I love hot food
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I do chilli with turkey mince too but basically, anything you could make with beef mince you could use turkey, so cottage pie is good too, I have made a sort of curried mince which is good but fairly authentic indian recipe so you have to have a good spice rack!