IT'S HERE--IT'S HERE! My Polar F6 is here!

Options
I love my UPS guy! He just delivered my Polar F6, and I've already got it all set up. I was surprised how much easier it was to set up then my HighGear Duo that I returned. :grumble:

Anyway, now I can't wait until tomorrow to use it on my ride! excited.gif

Meanwhile, I'm wearing it from now until then to get an idea of what I'm burning every day.

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I love my UPS guy! He just delivered my Polar F6, and I've already got it all set up. I was surprised how much easier it was to set up then my HighGear Duo that I returned. :grumble:

Meanwhile, I'm wearing it from now until then to get an idea of what I'm burning every day.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    you are convincing me to switch.

my highgear started working again after i reset it, but it blanks out and resets itself ALL the time and it is so frustrating!
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    I am in :heart: with my Bodybugg. Each to their own I guess ! :happy:
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I want one so bad, but I have a hard time spending money on myself. Let us know what you think of it. Congrats!:smile:
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I am in :heart: with my Bodybugg. Each to their own I guess ! :happy:

My trainer swears by them! But I am way too broke for one of those.
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    Sorry I am soo dumb what kinda equipment is this? A Bike? :)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am soo dumb what kinda equipment is this? A Bike? :)

It's a heart rate monitor!

Yay for you! I can't wait to get one of my own!!!!! I also want the F6!!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    And you're NOT dumb april! Come a few months ago I wouldn't have known either!:flowerforyou:
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    Way off:) ha.. are they that expensive? What's the benifits of them?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Way off:) ha.. are they that expensive? What's the benifits of them?

They range in prices. I think the F6 you can find for a little over a hundred dollars. These ones are nice...they are a watch that tell you your heart rate, the calories you burn, you can set a target heart rate, track your exercise...a whole bunch of things. I don't have one yet...just been reading about them. This seems ideal for me. Machines at the gym really only estimate the calories you are burning. These make it much more accurate!
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    Thanks.. I heard that you shouldn't count on the machines to tell you how many calories I burn.. but I really want to know.. I will look into them maybe check out consumer reports and get a decent cheaper one? Thanks so much for being so kind:)
  • bbright53
    bbright53 Posts: 81
    Options
    Do all the HRM's show how many calories you burn in a day?
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options

:bigsmile: Y A Y! :bigsmile:

You will love your F6! It's so easy to use! I love the summary at the end of the week telling you how many calories you burned over the week... It's fun to see numbers in the thousands! Makes me feel like I've really accomplished my goal of exercising more! :)
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Do all the HRM's show how many calories you burn in a day?

No, the more basic models only show Heart Rate or Rate plus Hi/Low range. Better units have more features and cost more. The F6 is a pretty full featured model for $100, the F4 is female specific, costs ~$90 and has a few less features. The F6 is best if you work out with other HRM users as it encodes your transmissions so you don't get someone else's signals (confusing your HRM unit). A nice feature for serious exercisers.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: WOOOHOOOOOO:bigsmile: ~ I have the F6 too and I love it!! Have fun with it tomorrow, let us know how many calories you burned!! Good Luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok-let me just say that I've had this F6 1 day and I love it!

I got my exercise info uploaded to their website, so it will track all that stuff for me now!

And, I made and uploaded my own logo for the watch face!! TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:glasses: :glasses:

Tomorrow is first bike trip with it--can't wait!