Working out after eating.....

Options
How long would you wait to workout after you eat? I just ate a bowl of chili for lunch. After logging it and seeing what I have left for the day (Olive Garden for dinner - son's birthday request) I think I might be able to squeeze in a workout before work BUT don't know how long I should wait on a full tummy.

What's your thoughts????

Replies

• sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk if you're worried about upsetting your stomach!
  • mbates6306
    Options
    For me I usually have to wait about 20 minutes for my food to settle without feeling like I'm going to throw up. I don't know what the recommended time is but that is what I do and it seems to work pretty well.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much I ate but I usually wait 30 min.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I work out 30 minutes after eating breakfast. Never had an issue with that. Although I could see having problems if you were planning on doing a workout that involved a lot of jumping around.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I can also see chili causing heart burn if you do an exercise that involves a lot of activity. Normally 30 minutes should do it, but if you're sensitve to heart burn, maybe wait an hour.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sounds like 20-30 is the consensus......that would work......may have to try it......

Thanks everyone!!!