BIGGEST motivation ever!!!

Options
So I've noticed it before but today it just really hit me!! my DD (4) has loved exercise since I've been working out and loves to show off the New exercises she's learnt to people. She also used to be the most fussy eater until we started telling her if you eat this then you will grow big muscles like mummy and daddy. So every time at dinner now she will have a piece of her food and say "hey look at my muscles growing!" My DS (2) has now started showing his muscles too, so cute :-).

Anyway so today I went to do my 30 day shred DVD and had it on the start menu while I was getting the last few things ready. My DD always trys to join in with me but today she was pulling g her shirt up to look like a sports top like they wear on the tv. It gave me an idea, I got one of her old singlets and cut the bottom off it to look like one!! We then put her shorts on and her joggers. She was absolutely ecstatic!! I then got a thick cardboard roll that came from my baking paper and cut it in half to make weights. I have never seen her so excited about it. so here she is following along with me doing the DVD and to my amazement DS starts trying to do it too (in his cute 2 year old kind of way) just encouraged me to push further.

There have been so many other little improvements in my kids I have noticed because they want to be just like mummy. Initially I just started doing it for me and now it's spreading to every other part of my life. It's infectious. I have pretty much beat depression, my moods have stabilised. Mind you if I don't eat healthy and exercuse both these things go out of control. That was part of the reason why I started was to beat depression naturally, other reason was confidence/self esteem because that was part of the cause of depression. My confidence/self esteem mind you is building day by day. My relationship with my partner is better because of all this too. It's also caught onto him. I have been asking him for a long time to rake better care of his health. Not in a bad way I'll love him however he looks (which is damn hot by the way) but more because I was worried because he's been having health issues (he's only 24) and I want him around forever. He's a truck driver and really doesn't live the healthiest lifestyle (smokes, drinks likes to eat crap) it's all starting to catch up on him :-(. What I was getting.at though is now that I'm doing it he's actually wanting to kinda do it too, slowly, he's pretty stubborn lol.

ANYWAY...... I've rambled on soooo much but I'm just so happy that what I'm doing is having a positive ripple effect. BIGGEST MOVITATION BOOST EVER!!!!!

Replies

• pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That's too adorable. :) my son always does push up with me lol he calls them head bobs lol
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've noticed my husband has been tempted to slack off over the winter but then when I head off to the gym I often come home to him lifting his weights (he prefers staying at home, got into cycling in warmer weather). I am not sure if he'd be as diligent if I wasn't doing it, but he sees me being fit and it helps keep him going during the winter months, too. It's nice to have a positive effect on people. :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    that's so great - look at what you are doing for your children! that is simply wonderful!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! I've had this same reaction in my family. Some kids were slower to join me, but now everyone is into doing a little fitness and thinking about eating well. I started it, too. :) Now, I surely can't get lazy or let depression suck me down, because they're all looking to me to keep the tone of motivation in the home.
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are giving your children a life gift! They are learning how to lead a healthy lifestyle. What better gift could you possibly give! Bravo!
  • Karrieif
    Karrieif Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well done...it is great to hear how we can positively influence our children.
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are giving your children a life gift! They are learning how to lead a healthy lifestyle. What better gift could you possibly give! Bravo!

I second this!
  • mjaustin45
    mjaustin45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love your ideas that you have for your kids to join in. I think I am going to have to try this with my almost 3 year old daughter. Right now if I want to work out on the treadmill I have to either do it in the morning or late at night because she wants to get on it also. I also have just started the 30 day shred video and I know she would join in also. Thanks for the great ideas!!
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Aww, loved this post! How sweet :) And what a positive role model you are to your children. Keep up the good work :)