How much WATER do you drink and what color is your URINE?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    5'5", 141-142 lbs, I drink 1.5-2 liter a day and my pee is clear during the day, yellow in the morning. I honestly can't imagine drinking more.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    I try and drink 3 litres daily. Don't always make it!

I heard the you have to drink "half your weight in water" too.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 115, I drink about a gallon. Of course it's clear... I know it sounds crazy, but I'm always thirsty so... XP
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 115, I drink about a gallon. Of course it's clear... I know it sounds crazy, but I'm always thirsty so... XP

That's not crazy, that is a sign of being a diabetic... seriously.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    That seems like a rather personal question. But, a lot of people should probably read this for their own benefit, because there is such a thing as too much water.

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how anyone can manage to drink 2 gallons of water a day!

I drink between 2250ml - 3000ml a day. And for you Americans, that's between 9 - 12 cups a day. :wink: My urine is clear.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much I drink a day, I usually log 9 cups on MFP but it's probably a lot more than that. I have a 20-ounce water bottle that I keep with me at all times and just refill constantly throughout the day. I'd estimate I drink anywhere from 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon per day. My pee is usually light yellow or clear, sometimes in the mornings it is a darker yellow though. :tongue:

This is what I do - I have my Blender Bottle full of water at all times. Drink it sporadically through day. Don't really track it so no idea how much water I drink.

I have heard that it is a pretty personal thing though - and instead of aiming for a certain amount of OZ, a good goal is to ensure that 4-5 of your urinations are clear.

I don't have anything to back that up other than the fact both Lyle McDonald and Eric Helms mention that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That seems like a rather personal question. But, a lot of people should probably read this for their own benefit, because there is such a thing as too much water.

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/

Good to know. I can't imagine that it would be healthy to drink more than 1 gallon of water a day.
  • BlackMambaReloaded
    Options
    I am a woman and I weigh 186 lbs

I don't particularly like the taste of plain water, but I drink a lot of club soda , probably 6-7 cups a day. My urine is always clear or close to clear.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Great post, I heard it should be pale yellow rather than clear and also that drinking too much can mess with your electrolyte balance
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Your pee doesn't have be to clear - pale yellow is perfectly fine. And many meds and vitamins tend to make your pee smell or have a color. Always check labels for side effects and/or ask your doctor if you're not sure.

I'm a woman, currently weigh about 170 and drink about 10 cups of water per day on average. I don't really keep track but I have a 4 cup container that I make sure to empty at least once by the end of my workday, drink another 2-3 cups from my water bottle at the gym and then drink at least 4 more cups at home. On the weekends I tend to drink less but still try to get at least 8 cups.

My pee is usually pale yellow to clear but it's stronger 1st thing in the morning of course and on days when I'm not drinking enough - the color is my cue to drink up!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    10 cups a day and it's a fragrant light lemon chiffon colour
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I drink 128 ounces a day and my urine is clear. Slightly yellow first thing in the morning but clear by the next bathroom break :wink:
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I drink about 120 oz a day minimum. I am 5ft tall and weigh about 125 lbs. I have to keep flushed due to kidneys stones and with certain supplements i take i need to drink alot of water or they will dehydrate me.

My urine usually is pretty clear by the 3rd bottle of water but depending on the supplements it has also been as bright as a yellow highlighter lol
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I drink on average 10-12 cups a day and my urine is always clear.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mine is light yellow mostly. My water intake varies but I was told that the 8oz of water includes the water you would get from food which is substantially more than people think especially in things like vegetables.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-10 per day, but I don't think we know each other well enough yet to discuss our urine. :smile:
  • smithcarola
    smithcarola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" tall and currently weigh 243 lbs. I was drinking 3 plus liters (101-150 oz) of water and 16 oz of coffee a day and my urine had no color at all. I recently cut back to somewhere between 2-3 liters (60-100 oz) of water because my hands and feet were always cold and it only got worse as I drank more water.
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 130 lbs and drink a gallon or more per day. I've noticed that it does wonders in decreasing muscle soreness. It also does make me feel so much more energized versus when I don't get my gallon in, although I will admit that I hate having to go to the bathroom all of the time. My urine is typically almost completely clear.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options