Back...AGAIN & needing support

Options
I have been here before & have always been successful while here. when i leave all hell breaks lose, i need to be here & stay here. i am now at my heaviest in a very long time. looking for friends and support. also anyone with tips for workouts with knee injuries greatly appreciated...its where i went downhill & need to b exercising again!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than willing to be a motivation buddy for you if'n you'd like. I can't offer much in the way of offering exercise tips that pair well with knee injuries, but I will do my best to emotionally support you!
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just came back, too. I have gained back 23 pounds of the 34 I lost. I am disappointed in myself. I mainly lost my weight through b exercise before , but got injured, so I really need to get my eating under control.
    With your knee injury, I would try swimming or water aerobics. Make sure the instrstuctor is certified for water aerobics and knows how to take care of your injured knee. Don't cross over your body with your leg unless your dodctor says you can. Stop with you feel a slight tug, not a pull.
    Also, you may want to try some sort of non- weight bearing bicycling or spinning, but don't overdo.
    :wink:
  • kstandridge
    Options
    My husband has had a lot of joint surgeries in both knees and hips and his go-to exercises are swimming and biking. They're both great cardio but very low impact so perfect for joint pain. His mantra, and his doctor's, is to keep moving throughout life, because once you stop, you're done.
  • messi08
    messi08 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am officially back today. I tore my calf muscle back in Oct and have been gone. Back now 6 lbs heavier and feeling weaker and lazier. I was on a roll when I hurt myself. I need my motivation back also. Good luck you can add me and we can try to encourage each other.
  • jfoxe
    jfoxe Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm in the EXACT same boat. I got on the scale and realized how off track I got, I'm up 20 lbs now after losing 15 last year. YIKES! So I'm trying to kick my butt back in gear. Good luck to us both!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have lost 90lbs so far but need to loose about another 60lbs. I could use the support also I have slacked off for too long and need to get focused again. I can support you and help give tips!
  • TaraMarieStraight
    Options
    I have also come back, and will be a buddy if you want just send me a request. I'm my heaviest and embarrassed went from being a cute 117 pound high school student to a 29 year old 200+ woman and am really embarrassed.
  • jeromybilbo7
    Options
    I'll be more than happy to add support. Keep moving forward!

Everyone, feel free to add me! :happy:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    hey, welcome back! I'm pretty much at goal but log on faithfully to track my food/exercise and support my friends. I'd be happy to help if I can. Send me a FR if you'd like. Welcome again and as for your knees I agree that swimming and the bike are your best options.

Best to you in the new year!
  • LindsayJA1
    Options
    TY everyone, have sent or accepted requests from all of u i think, if i missed u please let me know. and to anyone else please feel free to send me a request :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Its perfectly natural to fall of and get back on...its the getting back on thats important!!
    Hopefully this time is the charm for you...good luck
  • barb106
    barb106 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I also have done well here and do not so good when I leave. I have a bad ankle, so feel your pain so to speak!