5ft 4 Women: How long did it take you to loose weight?

Hi there,

I am 21 and lost about 9 pounds in about 30 days counting calories.
Dec 3rd - 180
Jan 7th - 170.8

This has been a great motivator for me, but i don't think it is unrealistic to expect these kinds of changes for the oncoming months. 5'4" women - how long did it take you to loose the weight? I am eating 1200 cals a day and exercising 4-6 hours per week. I am aiming for a goal of 150.

Please reply with pictures if you could!

Thank you!

Replies

• rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    I'm definitely following this. I'm also 5' 4"...5' 3-1/2" if we are being honest :)...and I feel like it's taking me for EVER to lose anything! Every pound is a battle. I lost 5 pounds my first week, and now it's like my scale is always teetering back and forth, deciding if it's going to give me the satisfaction of letting me know I've whittled off another pound or not. It's driving me crazy! I'm coming up on 3 weeks in. I've been sitting right at 1,200 and typically even under that calorie wise, and I exercise 6/7 days a week. I'm adding in some weight lifting in addition to my typical 30DS regimen today to see if that helps. It's so discouraging though--I feel like my body should have changed drastically with all of the hard work I've put in and changes I've made!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    <-- that was July 2012 to December 2013. I've lost 60lbs, and I've still got some more to go (but I'd settle for inches rather than pounds on the scale)

Usually you lose quick in the beginning, you've just changed a lot of things. It will level out and you'll average a decent loss over the month.

I'm eating over 1500 calories. With 1200 calories a day, I sure hope you're eating back your exercise calories!
    (psst.. pet peeve.. it's one o in lose)
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    same here.. not a great pic (taken a couple months ago) but I'm 5'4 exactly and lost 25 lbs since Feb. I'm stuck between 162 and 165 now, and 150 is my goal also. It's getting harder the closer I get. Have patience! and measure yourself... I just realized this morning I haven't lost weight in a month but I've lost an inch in my waist... weight training is helping with that!
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    65 pounds since 2012, 55 of those pounds since April 2013. WEIGHT LOSS is not nearly as important for me as eating management and health, but let's face it, it's a crazy wonderful dividend.

So I just keep eating super nutritious food every time I eat and moving as much and as often as I can and buying smaller clothes.

Gets better and better and better!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm 5ft 5 and lost 20 pounds June2012- March2013 (sounds like an obituary lol)

(however stopped dieting after my wedding in March and put 1/3 back on over my honeymoon then slowly put the rest back over the rest of the year as I slid back into bad habits as I was busy with work/stressed about buying a house, but back on it now trying to repeat my successes rather than my mistakes)

During my wedding diet I did 2 or 3x a week intense cardio in the form of zumba and averaged about 1500-1600 cals a day net. I lost on average 0.5-1 pound a week which was more or less my goal. However September 2012 I put on a few pounds from a weeks holiday in Spain (damn you Sangria and tapas) which set me back a month and Christmas 2012 I put on a few pounds which set me back another month.

My goal for the wedding was 125 I hit 130 :)