Well hello there

Options
Hi! I'm not new to MFP but I have noticed that a lot of the people I used to follow are no longer on here. So, I was hoping to find some new friends and motivation!
About myself:
I am 21 years old, I am a college student but thankfully have a kitchen so I don't eat in the campus caf which was my downfall. I am pretty short (5 foot) so I have trouble gaining weight easily.
I love running but am not that good at it. It seems every time I start, I get a new injury. So anyone who can share advice on stretches or running tips, I'd love to hear it! :D
I never let anything get in my way, I almost literally have everything going against me, but I will still get to a better me.
I'm looking to lose between 10 and 15 pounds.

Be my friend?

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm trying to ease my way back into running again. Back in the day -still about 15 years older than you are now :) - I ran 3 miles 5x a week with my trusty running partner - my dog. Sadly we lost him, and I quit running. I can across the website c25k.com - a 9 week program to go from a couch potato to a 5K runner. I'm going to give it a try. Friend me if you'd like.

~Patti
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome back! I'm not a runner, I'm a walker and I like Yoga but I'm on here everday so you can add me if you'd like. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm always on and try to exercise every day feel free to add me x
  • stacykenney
    Options
    Hey there! We will be accountable to each other :) I have around 40-50 to loose. I was sooooo close to my goal weight, but being a very routine person I moved to a completly different city and it through me off. Country to Niagara Falls lol so I'm back at it - remotivated - I have my Arbonne nutrition that I follow, but I like this app and website because I can keep track to see if I'm on the right weight loss path. I know people say the # isn't everything, but for me it's pretty important. 5 pounds feels like 50! lol so 50 feels like 100! Here we go :)
  • stacykenney
    Options
    Same here :) I'm getting back into it so I can do that Niagara Falls Marathon Expo in June again. I loved it.

I tend to train to hard for these and by the end I'm exhausted and take WAY to much time off. This time is different :)
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing.

I tried the Couch to 5k. It may work for you. Have you ever tried it?
  • xlunins
    xlunins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have tried c25k. Honestly, I've run a few 5ks and can do them fairly well and so I get bored with c25k because I can't run when I would like. I aim for at least a mile a day right now and will keep upping it .3 to .5 mile per week, I've gotten up to 2 miles a day, but then stopped so now I'm starting over.