Starting over

Options
After high school I went from 205 lbs to 155 lbs. I never reached my goal but I felt fantastic. Now that I'm a full time student and full time worker, I've shot back up to 180 lbs from stress and cheap/easy foods. My loving boyfriend has also packed on a few pounds he never had before.

I'm ready to start over. Unfortunately I can no longer afford a gym membership and running outside in -30F weather is out of the question for me (thanks, Maine). What's some cardio that I can do inside until it warms up enough for me to start running again?

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Bow chicka bow wow

(It'll help your boyfriend too)
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Do you have a shopping mall near you? You could walk indoors there. :bigsmile:
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fitness videos at home (I like the Jillian Michael ones) or if you have a Xbox or Wii, the Dancing games are a lot of fun to play inside.
  • meg_0103
    Options
    I have the biggest loser cardio max dvd.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks, running in place, twerking, jump rope, burpees, etc. Anything what makes you move a lot and makes your heart beat fast really.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just running in place while watching your favorite TV show will help. I also use free only fitness videos (YouTube, netflix, amazon). I also find indoor places to walk. Also calisthenics are good too. Jumping jacks, planks, situps, pushups, etc
  • SnoopysBitch
    Options
    I do a lot of dancing at home (especially while doing chores). I'll look into some at-home videos! Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • sherburn2
    sherburn2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting over. We moved house a year ago, and the bathroom scales stopped working. All my clothes still fit and I hadn't noticed any changes in my fitness. Sadly, the blessed scales have suddenly revived and to my horror I've put on half a stone! (7lbs in American money).

My fitness pal seems like a great aid to losing weight. Because of a medical condition I can't do running or weights or anything like that. Fitness classes and dancing are out. I've ordered a contrivance into which you put the back wheel of your bicycle and it becomes an exercycle. Where we live now has only gentle hills but they beat me last summer. I'm determined to be fitter and leaner by Easter.

Here's hoping.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I don't do a lot of cardio. I focus mostly on lifting using New Rules of Lifting for Women.... you can do pretty much the entire program with dumbbells and an exercise ball. It calls for cables, etc... but you can use stretch bands and other household items to adapt for those moves if you don't have the equipment.

What little cardio I do usually consists of DVDs... Sculpt and Burn by Gold's Gym is my fav.... and Wii Fit, Wii Dance... stuff like that in the winter... an occasional run when it's warmer. Good luck!