Eating Fats and Body type - help and advice please

Options
I'm not sure if the 2 things are linked so please bear with me it's advise I need really...

I remember being at school and we all anonymously weighed ourselves and plotted a chart; my weight was significantly higher than any of the other girls in the class despite not actually physically looking the biggest in the class... This is still the case now, my weight is higher than it would appear to just look at me.... Anyone got any ideas why? Is it anything to do with my next question?

The docs that I go to do a "fat test" - you know... how much of my body is made up of fat and mine is pretty freaking high... in fact it's so high I'm quite ashamed!

Soooo... my body fat is 43% :noway: :embarassed:

Now lovely doctor said... not to worry what you need to do it concentrate on lowering your fat intake but then he said at least 25-30% of your diet should be fat... :frown:

Talk about mixed messages!!! I do understand the concept of good fat and bad fat... I'm just not entirely sure how to work this into a calorie controlled daily eating thing (I will not use the term diet!) After a year of eating healthier than ever before I did lose 2 stone (although I've put on some poundage over Christmas) I am pretty good at eating to my daily calorie limit of 1500 calories a day and this works for me but as I now need to change my fat intake I don't know how to do this?

Apologies to those of you who want to check my diary I've recently reset my account and haven't logged over the festive period so that might not help you... but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Nicole

Replies

• kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I eat 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs and lose an inch off my belly button roughly every week. The only carbs I eat are veggies or fruit.
  • Nicole_gets_a_grip
    Options
    Thanks for replying but I don't know what 60% fats would look like, I think that's the point I'm trying to get to the bottom of... when the doc says concentrate on losing body fat but then says eat 25-30% fat in a day what does that actually look like?

And as a side note is the high percentage of fat the reason for my weight being so high against visually what I look like...?
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    30% of fat, meaning 30% of your total calories should come from fat.

30% of 1500 is 450. So 450 of your calories should come from fat.

1 gram of fat contains 9 calories. So you should ate 50 grams of fat a day.
    And as a side note is the high percentage of fat the reason for my weight being so high against visually what I look like...?

How much fat you ate has nothing to do with how much body fat you carry, you ate too much calories if you are overweight, that's all. Neither it has anything to do with how fat you look. That is just your body shape. Different people store fat at different places of body. You probably have big breasts and/or butt. If most of your fat is stored there then you will look smaller than if they would be stored in your belly for example. I would say you are pretty fortunate with that.