That moment when.........

Options
Mav3rick54
Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
You look down at the elliptical machine and it says "50% completed" and you think, this can't be right....I am not tired....I am not exhausted….I am breathing easy! What is going on? Let me check how many minutes have gone by, maybe I set the wrong time period…..no, that’s not it, it shows the correct amount of time. Hot damn, I feel good, I am getting back in shape.

It seems like only yesterday that I was looking at that countdown clock and wondering when it would reach zero….thinking “I don’t know if I can finish this 30 minutes”... when I am only 5-10 minutes in. Wasn’t it just a week or two ago that I was questioning whether it was worth it….no, that was nearly 90 days ago and guess what? … I feel like a new person….and some say, I look like a new person. I still have another 25 or so pounds to go, but I just felt so good this morning after finishing my morning workout that I had to post this. When you are feeling like you are not sure you can spend another minute exercising….push on through, it will get easier and you will feel so much better. Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What a happy moment! I had a similar one when I was doing the Running Mans in Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and did all of them for the first time. That move was my Kryptonite (now it's the mountain climbers-ugh). It feels so amazing to feel good and get through something that has previously been so difficult.

Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • MJKUBBA
    MJKUBBA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good on you man, Now try something else, like rowing just to get your body back out of it's comfort zone :)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Talk about inspiring :)
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good on you man, Now try something else, like rowing just to get your body back out of it's comfort zone :)

Thank you all.

MJ, Don't care too much for rowing, but I totally agree with what you are saying....i.e....keep the body moving with multiple and varied activities. I work out 6 times/week...3 days weight lifting and 3 days cardio. I also walk a mile at lunch instead of sitting here on the computer the whole lunch break. I have a fitbit that is a huge motivator and if I don't have my 10k steps in by dinner time, I go for another walk after that to get all my steps in. I did an 8 mile hike this last Saturday that was a lot of fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!